Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Update on Final Billing For Asheron’s Call and Asheron's Call 2

As of August 2014, Asheron’s Call and Asheron's Call 2 will no longer charge a subscription fee for players. The last payments will be processed on June 31st, making July the final “paid” month. Note that this means some players will technically receive some portion of July free as a result, as we have decided to absorb the cost and not run partial payments to cover it. Other important information for the transition:
    ~ After the transition, new accounts can be created with a one-time $10 purchase through our normal sign-up page
    ~ We will no longer be performing MSN Zone migrations after May 31st (click here for more information regarding MSN Zone Migrations)
    ~ Any inactive subscriptions that players wish to access after the transition will require a one-time activation fee of $10 via the myaccount website
    ~ Note that after the transition, help requests will only be available regarding harassment issues or account assistance with the $10 one-time activation purchase.
    ~ The AC forums will remain up and available

We also wanted to provide an update regarding “community” servers. Our current plan is to offer the first player run server packages and to open up our player run server sub-forums by the end of the year. Our first offering will be a basic AC1 server and client download. We expect the first offering to be light on documentation, as it is intended for enthusiasts with experience in setting up servers and dealing with networking. While set up instructions will be offered on these new sub-forums, this initial offering will be intended to be used in conjunction with the forums to allow the community to begin the process of running servers and creating documentation for that process.

Sev~

Re: Update on Final Billing For Asheron’s Call and Asheron's Call 2

Thanks for the update!
    Klien Rox

Quote Originally Posted by dexmonkey View Post
    FYI this template is called the Tugaker. It's the new Og mage.

Thanks for the update! Details sound great!

I'd like to see some focus on 1-3 good servers to start instead of everyone and their grandma starting a server. I'd back someone reputable and support the effort to funnel players to a few powerful and highly active servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    June 31st

Sev~
    June 30th!
    Logan Conrad -MT- 232nd Level Combat Archer
    Kal'Aaron -MT- 211th Level Deadeye
    Margrin -MT- 169th Level Combat Archer
    Shadow of Logan -MT- 180th Level Combat Archer
    The Nameless Ones
    Villas of Bows
    Worth
    AC Community Wiki => AC's Best Resource!
    Decal & Plugin Support

August 1st 2014: Multi-Account Macro Invasion.
    Mark it on your calendars =p
    Hell's Wrath MT - 275
    Hellwing VT - 275
    Shade of Tinktink - VT Tinkerbot
    Integrator: Hellswrath
    Player-support for Vtank/Meta: immortalbob.com
    Livestream

June 31st?

What will happen to banned accounts?

As of August 2014, Asheron’s Call and Asheron's Call 2 will no longer charge a subscription fee for players. The last payments will be processed on June 31st, making July the final “paid” month. Note that this means some players will technically receive some portion of July free as a result, as we have decided to absorb the cost and not run partial payments to cover it. Other important information for the transition:
    ~ After the transition, new accounts can be created with a one-time $10 purchase through our normal sign-up page
    ~ We will no longer be performing MSN Zone migrations after May 31st (click here for more information regarding MSN Zone Migrations)
    ~ Any inactive subscriptions that players wish to access after the transition will require a one-time activation fee of $10 via the myaccount website
    ~ Note that after the transition, help requests will only be available regarding harassment issues or account assistance with the $10 one-time activation purchase.
    ~ The AC forums will remain up and available

We also wanted to provide an update regarding “community” servers. Our current plan is to offer the first player run server packages and to open up our player run server sub-forums by the end of the year. Our first offering will be a basic AC1 server and client download. We expect the first offering to be light on documentation, as it is intended for enthusiasts with experience in setting up servers and dealing with networking. While set up instructions will be offered on these new sub-forums, this initial offering will be intended to be used in conjunction with the forums to allow the community to begin the process of running servers and creating documentation for that process.

Sev~
    Sev I like this!!!.... so ummm... does that mean we can all download it and try it? :P
    I am also excited about F2P - finally, so I don't miss what friends remain - hopefully new ones will join-in!

Pardon double-posting here - ... re-reading it - Sev, what does "community," run servers mean? Is it free download for anybody whom wants to play the client/server @home, or are there limitations?

Quote Originally Posted by Alunwifaire View Post
    Pardon double-posting here - ... re-reading it - Sev, what does "community," run servers mean? Is it free download for anybody whom wants to play the client/server @home, or are there limitations?
    I do hope freely available. I have no intention of running a public server myself, but I do want to take a crack at setting one up.
    Please bear in mind as you read my posts that I have been through multiple laser surgeries and eye injections. My spelling and grammar have suffered as a result. I would normally be ashamed of the level of errors I make these days in my posts.

Can I ask what you mean by this? What can we do now that we won't be able to after?

I imagine any type of in game support. Like having old characters teleported out of the old training academy.
    Hell's Wrath MT - 275
    Hellwing VT - 275
    Shade of Tinktink - VT Tinkerbot
    Integrator: Hellswrath
    Player-support for Vtank/Meta: immortalbob.com
    Livestream

will subscriptions that are active at the transition be credited in the stay of the $10 fee?
    Aloria: 275 hybrid UA
    Lucifer's Prophecy: Melee Mage

AoA or bust.

No doubt the people who have only ever had one account will probably get another for various reasons.
    One that particularly interests me is the 2,970 item slots a new account brings.
    (102 main + 24*7 backpacks)*11

I'm hoping it increases the number of bots that are generally liked by the community as well.
    Trade, portal, buff, tinker/tradeskill bots that is.

I'll choose to be optimistic in general and ignore the downsides.

Does this mean we have to be subscribed on/before June 30th to be automatically switched to the F2P? And if not we just pay the $10 "fee" to make our old accounts active under the F2P scheme?
    SnoT - 123 Mage Frostfell
    Heihachi Mishima - 138 Tank Axe Frostfell

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast