Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Re: News about the next update

Quote Originally Posted by Krakatau View Post
    Questions about Enlightenment.

1. How does it behave with your society rank? Do we have to start over with that?
    When you do enlightenment you can no longer access your society tasks or content, but when you hit the minimum level for society content (150 I believe) your rank will once again be recognized. You won't have to work up your rank again unless you change societies.

2. How many times can this be done? If I reset, hit 275, can I reset again and gain another skill point? Does it ever max the amount of times I can do it?
    It caps at 5.

3. Will I retain any perma flagging quests I've already done? Will I have to get flagged for 150 again? Will I have to get flagged for things like aetheria and luminance again?
    You retain most of your quest flags. I will have to check specifically on Aetheria and Luminance.

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We are working on a date in the not-to-distant future where all active accounts will be able to play the game for free.
    Can you clarify this part? Will the game only be free for the people whose accounts have recently been subbed or will newer players be able to create a new, free account to play on?

Greetings.
    ~ A brand new coliseum to challenge players and top end characters.
    Here is hoping there will there be a Solo version for the TZ challenged players like myself?
    Sucamarto - (275)
    Panumbriis Shadow - (275)
    Aun Inyourendoe - (275)
    Blackened Soul - (275)
    Shut the Smurf Up - (275)
    "May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman" - Neil
    "Crucifiction is a very negative way to kill yourself man, there is absolutely no way to hammer in the last nail" - Neil
    Decal and Plugins = Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by llllllllllllllllllll View Post
    Can you clarify this part? Will the game only be free for the people whose accounts have recently been subbed or will newer players be able to create a new, free account to play on?
    If we allow new any accounts the keys would be limited distribution. This isn't to drum up last minutes subs, it's because we won't have the capacity to ramp up the server hardware to handle a potential flood of players jumping into the game if it is completely open.

Sev~

Can you give us any kind of remotely vague idea at the kind of hardware the servers are running on currently?

This is sad in many ways. Thanks for the many years of fun and all the great folks you brought together to play the game.
    Karesta
    Monarch of Knights Reborn on Harvestgain
    http://www.reborn.knights-r.us

Sadly no new updates will be coming to AC2. It was my intention and desire to do another update but, well things didn't work out. I apologize for that.

If the strategy to build a community for AC1 player run servers goes smoothly I will try to do the same for an AC2 player run server.

Sev~
    Could we at least get a bug fixing update? Theres still a few issues that could be addressed before you put the last nail in the coffin..
    Chewey - 84 Chanter
    Optimus - 79 Alchemist
    Snacks - 58 Bounty Hunter
    Jonny - 64 Zerker
    Naria - 64 Zealot
    Captain - 60 Sage

What about currently unsubbed accounts? Will they be able to activate after the change?
    WWW.ISPARSGAUNTLET.COM
    Hero+ (Calita, Rumor, Snarky, Klymax, Epyk, Nymphadora, Kahlan)
    Almost Hero (Keelie, Kikki and Cleevage)

3 cheers for the long and successful life of Asherons Call and many thanx to the dedicated Devs who kept it going as long as they did.

Sucamarto - (275)
    Aun Inyourendoe - (275)
    Blackened Soul - (275)
    "Crucifiction is a very negative way to kill yourself man, there is absolutely no way to hammer in the last nail" - Neil

If all pans out as you guys hope, will the 'special' events (like holiday things) be programmed to kick in, or will they be forever gone? Will these forums still be available to us?

Personally, I feel like WB got what they wanted, and are going to decimate Turbine to ensure it poses NO competition (even from within) going forward. Not many games can say they have the loyalty of their players as AC has had all these years (I've played since 2001 continuously). We've had our differences, but overall Turbine has done a great job with this grand experiment known as Asheron's Call. Thank you all for sharing your talents, vision and sense of fun with all of us. This game, and the community of players, have made an impact on SO many ... long may it be remembered for all it has been (and hopefully will continue to be once in player hands).
    ~~We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit ... Aristotle

When will AC3 be released :-)
    Sucamarto - (275)
    Aun Inyourendoe - (275)
    Blackened Soul - (275)

If we allow new any accounts the keys would be limited distribution. This isn't to drum up last minutes subs, it's because we won't have the capacity to ramp up the server hardware to handle a potential flood of players jumping into the game if it is completely open.

Sev~
    Would this mean past sub/accounts that are currently inactive would be playable (if migrated and such)?
    Klien Rox

Quote Originally Posted by dexmonkey View Post
    FYI this template is called the Tugaker. It's the new Og mage.

a huge /bow to turbine for the many wonderful years of Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2

Sev~
    Can you at least tell us for sure if we were to resub an existing account, would it become free to play?

My guess is the answer is no, since it would count as drumming up subs, but would like it said in no uncertain terms.

Thank you for the announcement, while bitter-sweet.
    Last edited by Tegmentum; 02-25-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Registered User Dakmor_Kavu_AoA's Avatar

Wow. Happy and sad all at once. A huge round of applause for all the devs have done over the years.

As for the actual content of March:

- Sounds like that re-leveling thing is more than enough to keep players busy for a while if they want to truly max though. Seems similar to reincarnation from DDO. Interesting. Very interesting.

- Paragon weapons sound sweet. Going to be very curious as to the process for this.

- Great to hear about the reward changes to VR!

- As others have said.....NEW COLO!!!
    Last edited by Dakmor_Kavu_AoA; 02-25-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    ~ Dakmor Kavu- 275 UA
    ~ Bring back puzzle quests, not mobs and chain war quests!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast