Naberius lvl 74 cb Shadow Kingdom
Naberius lvl 74 cb Shadow Kingdom
Just found out it is back ! Good news and i am very excited to see AC2 Dereth again.
Thought it might be a nice time to add an update from my earlier post in this thread.
Things that have been adjusted for an upcoming patch:
- The majority of quests have had their XP rewards increased (this goes for all level ranges). Some quests have also had their level ranges adjusted slightly as well.
- Incursions have been standardized to once a day quests.
- More Armoredillos and Green Wasps have been added to Arwic to help with completing the kill tasks there.
- The Miller of Kehan now gives a recipe for a map and teleports the player near to the maps destination to give a more accurate intro to surveying.
- The Esper Warder has had some dialog adjustments to make the steps of the quest more clear.
- The Warder of Cragstone now gives both the Cragstone Excavation and Find the Warder Corporal quest at the same time. - With the Cragstone Excavation quest being a group challenge, we wanted to give players who couldn't get the quest finished guidance on where to continue their journey so they wouldn't hit a big roadblock on what to do next.
- The Warder Corporal has been moved into Rithwic and now gives both the Isle of Tears and Find the Warder Scout quest at the same time.
- The Warder Scout has been moved to Molwirth, along with the Drudge Fort, to give more exposure to another town.
- The items for the Broth of Tanacha quest have been increased in frequency. The start of the quest has been moved to north of Rithwic so players are exposed to it at the same time they begin killing the creatures necessary to complete the quest.
- Portals, and some NPCs, have been moved around in the Osteth towns to make the experience more intuitive and easier to navigate.
- Pluck the Stray Darkenfowl has become Pluck the Darkenfowl and now starts at the Omishan drop spot. All Darkenfowl now count toward the kill task.
- Cleanse the Burial Mound items drop more frequently.
- Reaper Madness horns also drop more frequently.
On top of that we are continuing our efforts to improve the experience and flow of the existing content in the game.
Thanks for the update. Is this patch still targetting June, or has it slipped back to "soon"?
It is encouraging to see the level of care and consideration going into the changes and starting experience. Are you expecting another wave of players when the beta ends?
Thank you for the update.
This will make the game experience for new players a lot smoother.
But please do not make all to easy because AC2 was / is a game that rewards exploration.
This is rare and i would love to keep this game as one of the last real MMORPGs not just MMO. Its the reason why i like it so much.
The market is full of those perfect super balanced easy to play MMOs.
Would be nice to have at least one game that is different.
It seems there are designated regions in which a mine can spawn. Within that region, the algorithm probably searches for a reasonably flat region, trying to avoid steep slopes in this process. However, if you have small, but steep hills, the top of the hill itself is actually flat. Thus, the game decides that could be a suitable place for a mine, even when you can not reach it. The mining area in western Ariaki is like this, which is in my experience also the most troublesome area when it comes to being completely unable to reach mines. So far, I have found absolutely no difference between the 5 types of mined materials.
My experiences with Omishan mining regions:
Near Mayoi: minor steep slopes which you may have to walk around, but ok in general
Western Ariaki: many steep slopes, mines sometimes on hill. In several cases you have to take a long detour.
Near ghost mines: many steep slopes, but none of the mines are unreachable. This is because there are no small hill tops. In general this is a highly inconvenient area.
Naderu: larger hills, that can often be climbed only from one side, highly annoying
Tou Tou (south of Zu) flat enough
Vesayen: flat enough
I would suggest to replace the Western Ariaki, ghost mines and Naderu regions altogether. Possible new regions could be:
- region SE of ghost mines (instead of current north)
- W of the eastern vesayan outpost
- NW of the northeast naderu outpost (also known as fetich area)
- NE of central farali (olthoi)
Krell of Leafcull
I just found out last week it was back ... told some friends who used to play and now we are all back on ... good times
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload