Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Red face Re: Just found out AC2 was back.....

Kvk

Naberius lvl 74 cb Shadow Kingdom

Re: Just found out AC2 was back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sherok View Post
    Currently DL'ing. Was wondering if anyone would like to level with meh once it's done. Everything i've been reading about solo exp being terrible has me worried, knowing there won't be a TON of people in-game.
    I am downloading as well, just found out ac2 was back as well. I never played the original AC but loved AC2 so I bought AC just to play ac2!

Just found out it is back ! Good news and i am very excited to see AC2 Dereth again.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiade View Post
    Just found out it is back ! Good news and i am very excited to see AC2 Dereth again.
    welcome back

AC Associate Designer NoWorries's Avatar

Thought it might be a nice time to add an update from my earlier post in this thread.

Things that have been adjusted for an upcoming patch:

• The majority of quests have had their XP rewards increased (this goes for all level ranges). Some quests have also had their level ranges adjusted slightly as well.
    • Incursions have been standardized to once a day quests.
    • More Armoredillos and Green Wasps have been added to Arwic to help with completing the kill tasks there.
    • The Miller of Kehan now gives a recipe for a map and teleports the player near to the maps destination to give a more accurate intro to surveying.
    • The Esper Warder has had some dialog adjustments to make the steps of the quest more clear.
    • The Warder of Cragstone now gives both the Cragstone Excavation and Find the Warder Corporal quest at the same time. - With the Cragstone Excavation quest being a group challenge, we wanted to give players who couldn't get the quest finished guidance on where to continue their journey so they wouldn't hit a big roadblock on what to do next.
    • The Warder Corporal has been moved into Rithwic and now gives both the Isle of Tears and Find the Warder Scout quest at the same time.
    • The Warder Scout has been moved to Molwirth, along with the Drudge Fort, to give more exposure to another town.
    • The items for the Broth of Tanacha quest have been increased in frequency. The start of the quest has been moved to north of Rithwic so players are exposed to it at the same time they begin killing the creatures necessary to complete the quest.
    • Portals, and some NPCs, have been moved around in the Osteth towns to make the experience more intuitive and easier to navigate.
    • Pluck the Stray Darkenfowl has become Pluck the Darkenfowl and now starts at the Omishan drop spot. All Darkenfowl now count toward the kill task.
    • Cleanse the Burial Mound items drop more frequently.
    • Reaper Madness horns also drop more frequently.

On top of that we are continuing our efforts to improve the experience and flow of the existing content in the game.

Thanks for the update. Is this patch still targetting June, or has it slipped back to "soon"?

It is encouraging to see the level of care and consideration going into the changes and starting experience. Are you expecting another wave of players when the beta ends?

Thank you for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWorries View Post
    Thought it might be a nice time to add an update from my earlier post in this thread.

• The majority of quests have had their XP rewards increased (this goes for all level ranges). Some quests have also had their level ranges adjusted slightly as well.
    • More Armoredillos and Green Wasps have been added to Arwic to help with completing the kill tasks there.
    • The Miller of Kehan now gives a recipe for a map and teleports the player near to the maps destination to give a more accurate intro to surveying.
    • The Esper Warder has had some dialog adjustments to make the steps of the quest more clear.
    • The Warder of Cragstone now gives both the Cragstone Excavation and Find the Warder Corporal quest at the same time. - With the Cragstone Excavation quest being a group challenge, we wanted to give players who couldn't get the quest finished guidance on where to continue their journey so they wouldn't hit a big roadblock on what to do next.
    • The Warder Corporal has been moved into Rithwic and now gives both the Isle of Tears and Find the Warder Scout quest at the same time.
    • The Warder Scout has been moved to Molwirth, along with the Drudge Fort, to give more exposure to another town.
    • The items for the Broth of Tanacha quest have been increased in frequency. The start of the quest has been moved to north of Rithwic so players are exposed to it at the same time they begin killing the creatures necessary to complete the quest.
    • Portals, and some NPCs, have been moved around in the Osteth towns to make the experience more intuitive and easier to navigate.
    • Pluck the Stray Darkenfowl has become Pluck the Darkenfowl and now starts at the Omishan drop spot. All Darkenfowl now count toward the kill task.

On top of that we are continuing our efforts to improve the experience and flow of the existing content in the game.
    The adjustments look very good to me.
    This will make the game experience for new players a lot smoother.
    But please do not make all to easy because AC2 was / is a game that rewards exploration.
    This is rare and i would love to keep this game as one of the last real MMORPGs not just MMO. Its the reason why i like it so much.
    The market is full of those perfect super balanced easy to play MMOs.
    Would be nice to have at least one game that is different.

Thanks for the update NoWorries.

Will Crafting see any love? More specifically the Cartomancer locations, or the broken Omishan mining nodes in the mountains?

-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by rubiade View Post
    The adjustments look very good to me.
    This will make the game experience for new players a lot smoother.
    But please do not make all to easy because AC2 was / is a game that rewards exploration.
    This is rare and i would love to keep this game as one of the last real MMORPGs not just MMO. Its the reason why i like it so much.
    The market is full of those perfect super balanced easy to play MMOs.
    Would be nice to have at least one game that is different.
    Exploration will be no less rewarding after these adjustments. We want to make sure that players don't hit walls where they have no idea what they can go do next, especially at the early stages when they are still getting used to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Galaxy View Post
    the broken Omishan mining nodes in the mountains?

-Galaxy
    It is something we can look into. If players post the N/S, E/W of the map drop that they are having trouble with along with what material it is, that could help speed up the process by highlighting which maps have the worst issues.

It is something we can look into. If players post the N/S, E/W of the map drop that they are having trouble with along with what material it is, that could help speed up the process by highlighting which maps have the worst issues.
    Gimme a day maybe 2 and I should have the required info for you to fix them.

-Galaxy

NoWorries, besides the starting point, I don't think mines have fixed locations. Instead, this is how I think mines are generated (having an average of 115 mining skill across all 5).
    It seems there are designated regions in which a mine can spawn. Within that region, the algorithm probably searches for a reasonably flat region, trying to avoid steep slopes in this process. However, if you have small, but steep hills, the top of the hill itself is actually flat. Thus, the game decides that could be a suitable place for a mine, even when you can not reach it. The mining area in western Ariaki is like this, which is in my experience also the most troublesome area when it comes to being completely unable to reach mines. So far, I have found absolutely no difference between the 5 types of mined materials.

My experiences with Omishan mining regions:

Near Mayoi: minor steep slopes which you may have to walk around, but ok in general
    Western Ariaki: many steep slopes, mines sometimes on hill. In several cases you have to take a long detour.
    Near ghost mines: many steep slopes, but none of the mines are unreachable. This is because there are no small hill tops. In general this is a highly inconvenient area.
    Naderu: larger hills, that can often be climbed only from one side, highly annoying
    Tou Tou (south of Zu) flat enough
    Vesayen: flat enough

I would suggest to replace the Western Ariaki, ghost mines and Naderu regions altogether. Possible new regions could be:
    - region SE of ghost mines (instead of current north)
    - W of the eastern vesayan outpost
    - NW of the northeast naderu outpost (also known as fetich area)
    - NE of central farali (olthoi)

Quote Originally Posted by Youri_AC_Legend View Post
    NoWorries, besides the starting point, I don't think mines have fixed locations. Instead, this is how I think mines are generated (having an average of 115 mining skill across all 5).
    It seems there are designated regions in which a mine can spawn. Within that region, the algorithm probably searches for a reasonably flat region, trying to avoid steep slopes in this process. However, if you have small, but steep hills, the top of the hill itself is actually flat. Thus, the game decides that could be a suitable place for a mine, even when you can not reach it. The mining area in western Ariaki is like this, which is in my experience also the most troublesome area when it comes to being completely unable to reach mines. So far, I have found absolutely no difference between the 5 types of mined materials.

That is roughly how part of the process works. However, I need the starting location/material to know which maps need adjusting.

Good news! Thanks for the update. The last update really helped through the 18-28 levels when the right groups were not available. I also recommend looking at drop rates for all quests that require drop turn-ins. I think I spent 3 hours trying to get 4 Banderling Badges with the last character I leveled up while doing Drudgerton quests.
    Krell of Leafcull

I just found out last week it was back ... told some friends who used to play and now we are all back on ... good times

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast