Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asherons Call 2

Asherons Call 2

I dont know if I can put this into words...so many tears the night Dereth died, and anyone who thinks a game is "just a game", imo, does not understand either games or gamers. We put so much of ourselves into them...I am happily re-subbed, and anyone who says it is free is really wrong,lol,but +Sev has addressed this,so i will leave it alone. Suffice to say that as long as AC2 remains available,so will my sub-fee.

I am wondering, how you feel about AC2 being back and what your favorite memory of it is.
    Last edited by artanna2; 01-11-2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: Asherons Call 2

You realize this is the internet right? AC2 is a great game, but a game is nothing to lose sleep over. I felt more upset that the space program was canceled over AC2 being canceled. My guess is your being appreciative, and in that case, we all are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
    You realize this is the internet right? AC2 is a great game, but a game is nothing to lose sleep over. I felt more upset that the space program was canceled over AC2 being canceled. My guess is your being appreciative, and in that case, we all are.

yes, but , there was more here than just a great game.Friendships were formed,confidences exchanged, some of us really put our hearts into our Alliances,friendships etc. I realize there are other earth-shaking matters,but that does not diminish the quality of time a nunber of people put into this. B tw,what is your fav. memory of those days,if you have one.
    Last edited by artanna2; 01-11-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Killing serpents and stonecutters... thats what i enjoyed doing. The bonds i formed with people are from ac1, but there is a community that doesnt rely on ac1 remain for it to exist. Ac1 could die and i would still play games with the same guys and have fun.

But i understand you point, relationships/bonds can be made over the internet. Sad yours died with ac2 =(
    Last edited by Kurush; 01-11-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurush View Post

Blaspheme, Outrageous!!!

Kurush should be locked away in the Vault of No appreciation until he learns the way of Dereth.

Quote Originally Posted by doomstar View Post
    Blaspheme, Outrageous!!!

Kurush should be locked away in the Vault of No appreciation until he learns the way of Dereth.
    Lol sorry.

Best part is all the familiar faces. Playig with the same people I played with 10 years ago blows my mind.
    Lv71 Tumerok - Roofies/Nubs - OG Thistledown (Retired)

/sled

See my sig. 'nuff said
    Not a game. It's a WORLD. Not a game. It's a COMMUNITY. Not a game. Anyone who says, 'it's just a game' is missing the point."

Turbine Community Relations Cordovan's Avatar

Welcome back! We're glad to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Welcome back! We're glad to have you here.
    Where's your Avatar Cordovan ?

I too was very VERY sad when AC2 shutdown was announced. I stopped playing immediately. I didn't have the heart to log in.

For me, AC2 was special not only for the usual MMO reasons like the friends you make, etc. Being an artist and a software developer, I greatly appreciated the love and creativity that obviously got poored into the game. Even by today's standards the game holds up pretty well. And that is because of the phenomenal art direction.

The game systems and unique classes and how they improved over time after the initial launch are testament to the original team's creativity and perseverance. There is so much awesome-sauce in AC2, it's not even funny.

I am so happy the game is back... I am beyond words.
    Last edited by Brokin; 01-11-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    AC1: Leafcull - Monarch: Scarey Mary
    --------------------------------
    Brokin - lv275 DualWield(UA)/Life -- GO WOLVERINE!!
    Des Demona - lv256 Heavy-Dagger/AssessC + XBow
    Vexi - lv251 Defensive Finesse Swordie
    Kasta - lv275 BattleMage + MeleeD
    Nayla - lv261 Archer/Life

AC2:
    --------------------------------
    Fragma - lv42 Tumerok Spear/Healer
    Dezz - lv42 Human Defender
    Nayla - lv38 Human Ranger
    Glyph - lv38 Lugian Sage

Woooooo

ac2

tyeah
    Mr Sinister - 29 Sorcerer
    Mr Sinister - 57 Sorcerer [Deleted]

One of my favorite memories was when my old Allegiance AOD was making a run on the order fort. We got +Ramen to join our fellowship haha. I think nubs actually smarted off to her as well, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokin View Post
    I too was very VERY sad when AC2 shutdown was announced. I stopped playing immediately. I didn't have the heart to log in.

For me, AC2 was special not only for the usual MMO reasons like the friends you make, etc. Being an artist and a software developer, I greatly appreciated the love and creativity that obviously got poorer into the game. Even by today's standards the game holds up pretty well. And that is because of the phenomenal art direction.

The game systems and unique classes and how they improved over time after the initial launch are testament to the original team's creativity and perseverance. There is so much awesome-sauce in AC2, it's not even funny.

That announcement was heart-breaking and I really started to hate the then CEO of Turbine Jeff whatever his name was. What a bad choice he made. I made a lot of friends and glad to see familiar names back.

PS
    Boots quest still suck
    -Fulfillment is found in using power to alter the world.
    -Any means justify the ends. Only failure is unacceptable.
    -Anger, properly channeled, can unleash great strength. But always use reason ľ the clear-minded weakling can defeat the angry fool.
    -Know the weaknesses of others, and exploit them without pause!

~~Soliturna~~
    Human Hero Enchanter Level 60

Harvestgain/Thistledown/Dawnsong
    AC2 Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Brokin View Post

For me, AC2 was special not only for the usual MMO reasons like the friends you make, etc. Being an artist and a software developer, I greatly appreciated the love and creativity that obviously got poorer into the game. Even by today's standards the game holds up pretty well. And that is because of the phenomenal art direction.

Old AC1 Leafcull player here, just saying hi to a familiar name Scarey Mary ( I was Lynda and Kenshi Night if you remember, doubt you will I was not that well known or popular)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast