As a returning player, I've seen a lot of new players asking the same questions. And, while I will still continue to answer these questions in-game, I'm going to start compiling the answers to some of the more frequent questions.
Depending on your race, you will start out in Arwic (Human, Empyrean, Drudge), Millstone (Lugian), or Kehan (Tumerok).
Butchering: One of the first things you'll want to do is craft a Crude Hunting Knife. This can be done in the Skills Tab (anvil icon) under Craft - > Tools - > Starter Tools. Once you've created a Crude Hunting Knife, you may now use it on the corpse of fallen foes. Simply double-click your knife, then click on the corpse. This is one of the ways you'll gather materials for crafting.
Unlocking the Drudge: When you log in, there will be a Mystic Siraluun Headdress in your Inventory. Turn this item in to the New Drudge Republic Representative (31.4N, 13.3W) in Cragstone.
Surveying: Surveying for minerals is a two-step process. Open your Map 'm' and make sure it is zoomed in, and "Lock to Player" is selected. As you use your surveying maps, blips will be displayed on the in-game map in one of four colors: red, orange, yellow, green. Red means you aren't close. Green means you're almost on top of the mineral node.
Additional maps can be created in the Skills Tab (anvil icon) under Craft - > Surveying - > Maps.
Gold: Items can be "sold" by dragging and dropping them into the Gold icon in your Inventory, or clicking the Gold icon when looting. Alternatively, items can be sold at consignment vendors.
Life Stone: Lifestones are resurrection points for when your character dies. You'll always come back to the last lifestone you linked to. Alternatively, ever character can, by default, recall to their lifestone at any time. The spell Lifestone Recall can be used in the default '0' hotkey, or found under the Special tab in the Skills Panel (anvil icon).
Instruments: There are many different instruments throughout Dereth. Most of them are found as random drops off creatures.
Useful Forum Links
- Welcome to the Return of Asheron's Call 2 - Download Client
- Technical or Connectivity Issues - Report Here
- Gameplay Issue - Report Here
- Suggestion Thread - http://...
- Changing Screen Resolution - http://...
- Keymapping - http://...
- No Sound w/ Xonar - http://...
- Questing Guide - Levels 1-31 - http://...
- Osteth Portals and Ringway Guide - http://...
- Helpful Information Thread - http://...
- Skipping Cut Scenes - http://...
- AC2 Portal Maps - http://...
- Getting Your Mount - http://...
- Getting Your Soulbound Weapon - http://...
- Getting Your Ancient Armor - http://...
- Information on Mining Hoard Quests - http://...
- Full Scale In-Game Maps - http://...
- http://www.reocities.com/arnievanwakeren/ac2/craft.html (Craft 2.0 Guide)