Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old Lucky Gold Letters!?!

All my Lucky Gold Letters are now Old Lucky Gold Letters! Why did mansion items need to be changed so they could no longer be used to purchase a mansion?

Can anyone explain the need for this?
    ~Honor Knight of VT

Re: Old Lucky Gold Letters!?!

I would assume they did a global change on lucky gold letters -- they would have had to specifically add old ones as an alternate payment -- and if they just excluded mansions from the change then pretty soon no one would be able to pay rent as all the old ones were used up.

I would like to understand why any change was needed for Lucky Gold Letters. I understand that they were changed. I want to know why. Is this just one more way to screw long term players over yet again?
    ~Honor Knight of VT

Because they updated the explorer items in this most recent patch. Check the notes.

Edit: To elaborate further, the items gained from the updated explorer quests are rewards intended for higher level characters than those that were previously able to attain the letters. And since the letters are now dropped on level 50+ creatures, the old letters gained from level 1-20 creatures couldn't remain useable for the explorer quests and thus were changed to old gold letters.
    Last edited by balas41; 08-21-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    Harvestgarbage

Thanks much to Mojo Rizzen and Karesta as my first generous monarchs, much respect for you two.

Thank you for explaining why items in my packs, intended to help others get mansions, are now trash.
    Last edited by Knight_of_Honor; 08-21-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: edit in Balas' post
    ~Honor Knight of VT

I don't see this as a problem. It took about an hour to get 10 "old" Lucky Gold Letters (if knew where to go), so anyone wanting a mansion would not have a problem because of them. There was not really a market for them. Those Golden Gromnies are another matter ...

The bigger question is how long does it take to get the "new" Lucky Gold Letters?

Jesus H. Gharu'ndim, some people will ***** about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by meridian59gar View Post
    Jesus H. Gharu'ndim, some people will ***** about anything.
    Jesus is not related to Gharu'ndim in anyway. Gharu is a free people, with their own Gods - like any free people!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_of_Honor View Post
    Thank you for explaining why items in my packs, intended to help others get mansions, are now trash.
    The point is a quest related to them was changed so they were also changed. I'm betting they overlooked making the old letters usable for mansions, cause I don't know why they would've kept them in otherwise. Either way, it's a small amount of time to replace them. Go to the tusker guard dungeon on AL and collect them off of guards.
    Harvestgarbage

Thanks much to Mojo Rizzen and Karesta as my first generous monarchs, much respect for you two.

AC Associate Designer NoWorries's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by balas41 View Post
    The point is a quest related to them was changed so they were also changed. I'm betting they overlooked making the old letters usable for mansions, cause I don't know why they would've kept them in otherwise. Either way, it's a small amount of time to replace them. Go to the tusker guard dungeon on AL and collect them off of guards.
    You can turn the old letters in for XP.

Our house payment system does not support an either or system, so it can't accept the old and new letters at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitzkindl View Post
    I don't see this as a problem. It took about an hour to get 10 "old" Lucky Gold Letters (if knew where to go), so anyone wanting a mansion would not have a problem because of them. There was not really a market for them. Those Golden Gromnies are another matter ...

The bigger question is how long does it take to get the "new" Lucky Gold Letters?
    Exactly.

If anything, the Gold Letters are now on more appropriate level monsters to be used as housing items.

As an aside, the new Gold Letters (and red ones) are amazing xp food for lowbies. 100/200k xp plus low/mid stakes gambling token? AWESOME! The gambling tokens give random xp turnin items with very high (for a noob) fixed xp like 400k, 600k, even 1.2mil xp. From two or so hours of hunting Tuskers to complete the 500 killtask on a lowbie, I gained well over a pack of red letters and maybe half that in gold. They are giveable, so I was able to use it on another lowbie for insane xp, and the gambling token fun.

The odds on the high xp items from gambling are fairly low, but I got nearly a dozen from the tokens gained from the 40 or so red/gold letters I turned in.
    Last edited by Brokin; 08-21-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    AC1: Leafcull - Monarch: Scarey Mary
    --------------------------------
    Brokin - lv275 DualWield(UA)/Life -- GO WOLVERINE!!
    Des Demona - lv264 Heavy-Dagger/AssessC + XBow
    Vexi - lv268 Defensive Finesse Swordie
    Kasta - lv275 BattleMage + MeleeD
    Nayla - lv267 Archer/Life

AC2:
    --------------------------------
    Fragma - lv42 Tumerok Spear/Healer
    Dezz - lv42 Human Defender
    Nayla - lv38 Human Ranger
    Glyph - lv38 Lugian Sage

Question: is there a good place to find Lucky Gold Letters now?
    Derek McDougal, level 115 Neutral Good SWORDSMAN, goddamn it, SWORDSMAN, Covenant Warrior, lockpicker, alchemist, and chef (Aluvian)
    Joy Luck, level 84 Lawful Good MACE, goddamn it, MACE (Aluvian)
    Spartan Hoplite, level 71 True Neutral VuLCan (Aluvian)
    All on FF.

Get rid of the February patch. You've screwed up the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDouggal View Post
    Question: is there a good place to find Lucky Gold Letters now?
    I found a fair amount in the stamp dungeons themselves, and in 40-70ish olthoi and tusker dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWorries View Post
    You can turn the old letters in for XP.
    Unfortunately I had some stamped old letters. The collector would not take em for XP.
    Tim the Foolish of Morningthaw

Thanks. I'm slightly annoyed at that; the Drudge Robber Baron in Holt had a given drop of a Red or Gold Letter, which was very useful and nice, esp since the Golds were ~a 75% chance of dropping on him.
    Derek McDougal, level 115 Neutral Good SWORDSMAN, goddamn it, SWORDSMAN, Covenant Warrior, lockpicker, alchemist, and chef (Aluvian)
    Joy Luck, level 84 Lawful Good MACE, goddamn it, MACE (Aluvian)
    Spartan Hoplite, level 71 True Neutral VuLCan (Aluvian)
    All on FF.

Get rid of the February patch. You've screwed up the game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast