Need help with starting over

I played 10 years ago, but I need help starting over. I would like to spec sword, and life seems like a good choice as well. Not sure what else to get or more importantly when to get them. So much has changed since I played, so I need some help with my initial chatacter. I already gimped my first character, and I don't want my second one to have the same fate. I also play on darktide. I have looked at the wikki and found some good templates, but they don't go into detail on when to spec certain skills. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Northern California, and Yaraq

Re: Need help with starting over

welcome back. the skills system had a overhaul this last feb. you no longer are a sword character. you now choose to be heavy, finesse, or light for single handed melee characters. all skill sets can use every type of weapon. you then choose a mastery of a certian weapon type and recieve a 5% bonus when your holding that weapon in combat. you also can take dual weild as a skill and attack with weapons in bolth hands. there is alot of new skill combanations to try! anyways if your on Frostfell hit me up in game I play as Verbalistic and ill try to help you out.

Colorado, USA

Re: Need help with starting over

There's really no such thing as a "gimped character". You don't have to start over, you can just "redistribute" skills to make them work in "Today's AC".

Take a look at this article on how to do it:
    Atarax & Sergeant Stab of Solclaim
    Member of the Radiant Blood - Power to the People!

1st Immortal Champion on SC
    1st Aerbax Slayer on SC

AC Community Wiki - The best AC Resource!