Please prove me wrong, AC community.

I postulate that no-wield wands with basic Void Mastery do not exist.

Please prove me wrong. Any counter-example will do. I have found void mastery on void-wield wands before, but never on a no-wield wand. (I don't need a screenshot if it's actually in your possession, but I need more than "I think Bob had one," please.)

If my postulate is true, then my next question is for the devs: is this a bug or intentional? I have plenty of no-wield wands with War, Life, Item, Creature, and Arcane mastery on them. I also have Void Mastery on cloth hands and feet. I just don't have it on no-wield wands, and I would find such a thing to be useful.
    Please bear in mind as you read my posts that I have been through multiple laser surgeries and eye injections. My spelling and grammar have suffered as a result. I would normally be ashamed of the level of errors I make these days in my posts.

Re: Please prove me wrong, AC community.

for some reason I get the idea that this is intentional by the dev's, im thinking they didnt want to hear a bunch of mages getting bent out of shape over a melee char wand monkeying them with d.o.t's while fighting. or being able to be a hybrid type of fighter without sacraficing your melee attacks some. I cant for the life of me remember ever picking up one or hearing of sombody saying they had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Verb View Post
    im thinking they didnt want to hear a bunch of mages getting bent out of shape over a melee char wand monkeying them with d.o.t's while fighting.
    I'm talking about the basic mastery spell, not the monkey spell. I'm so used to monkey spells being pointless that I hadn't even considered looking for them, so I don't know if they exist or not.
    Please bear in mind as you read my posts that I have been through multiple laser surgeries and eye injections. My spelling and grammar have suffered as a result. I would normally be ashamed of the level of errors I make these days in my posts.

just to clarify, by "no-wield wands" you mean wands without war or void req's on them, not wands with level requirements?

either way, i'll keep an eye out and look through my stuffs.
    Klien Rox

Quote Originally Posted by dexmonkey View Post
    FYI this template is called the Tugaker. It's the new Og mage.

Ones without war or void skill requirements. I personally wouldn't find a 150 level wield void mastery to be especially helpful, but if you find one, it probably means lower ones are available as well. So yes, let me know if you find one with a 150 wield.

I've never seen one...
    Hot Shot
    Thistledown
    Player Killer & Event Videos
    Live Twitch Stream

Monarch of "Portalstorm"
    Portalstorm Dot Net

Official Tailored Suits Gallery Post Yours
    HERE

AC Artwork & Avatars
    HOT - FATAL - TOXIC - More HERE

A no wield one that is.
    Hot Shot
    Thistledown
    Player Killer & Event Videos
    Live Twitch Stream

Monarch of "Portalstorm"
    Portalstorm Dot Net

Official Tailored Suits Gallery Post Yours
    HERE

AC Artwork & Avatars
    HOT - FATAL - TOXIC - More HERE

Haven't seen one, and I agree, I bet it's by design. You rotten users types would find a way to exploit it somehow.

Out of curiosity, what would/could you do with a wand that gave you Void Mastery Self I?

Some detail has to be lost on me. You mean you have wands that don't require a magic class to be learned or leveled up to wield, but it has their mastery on it? I don't think I've paid enough attention because I didn't realize something like that existed.
    Deathspawner: 275 Battlemage on Solclaim
    Deathreaper: 275 Triple D Spec Archer | Tiesto: 275 Tinker Mule
    Ryochu Xao: 275 Swordsman | Death the Devoid: 275 Void Mage
    Hei Shui: 258 Two-Handed
    Proud Member of the Renegade Guild

AC2: Deathreaper - 52 Human Ranger; Deathspawner - 34 Human Sorcerer
    Reddit: AC1, AC2

Quote Originally Posted by Deathspawner View Post
    Some detail has to be lost on me. You mean you have wands that don't require a magic class to be learned or leveled up to wield, but it has their mastery on it? I don't think I've paid enough attention because I didn't realize something like that existed.
    Once upon a time I use to use mastery wands to cast low level buffs on myself. You could cast 2s with a level 6 mastery wand. This made a lot of sense for low level melees who were solo players before magic was a major requirement for all builds.
    Aloria: 275 hybrid UA
    Lucifer's Prophecy: Melee Mage

AoA or bust.

Yes it was a staple back in the day. No life melee's trying to buff using Life wands and stam to mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathspawner View Post
    These wands have always existed for the other schools. In fact, at retail, ALL wands with built-in spells had some type of mastery on them (war, life, item, creature, arcane, and mana c). It was a few years until that was nerfed.

This isn't about getting benefit without training the skill... there's precious little one can do with even a level 8 mastery without the skill at least trained, at least not in attack skills such as void and war. It's about not needing creature buffs in the low levels. I don't do buffbots, and I would find it very useful to have a level 3ish void mastery wand on a reroll. (There are level 3 masteries on explorer wands for the original four schools at 1py value and trivial lore requirements, so I fail to see how a level 3 void loot wand would be any sort of threat.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vain View Post
    Yes it was a staple back in the day. No life melee's trying to buff using Life wands and stam to mana.
    Definitely, heh. I used to carry around the comps (the actual hyssop etc.) even after prismatic tapers came out because I would only have a wand to let me cast stam to mana and health to mana 1.

I of course replaced it wiht the casting stein which I still use to this day, but that's why they saw use. As for Void, I don't think I've ever seen that on a no-wield, unfortunately. I looked through all my stashed junk for my own void I rolled when I came back last year.
    AC1-Harvestgain
    Azrakin 275 Iron Chef (Stubborn Item-only gimp)
    Wahooka the Great 130 Bizarro Spear
    Ignignokt 151 Generic Mage
    AC2-Dawnsong
    Wahooka 31 Feral Intendant
    Ignignokt ?? Invoker

\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/
    Still gimping along like it's 1999.

I have a no-wield wand with Incantation of Spirit Thirst on it.

Of course it will not activate that particular spell when you wield it, but it's there.

Wish it did. My life mage would love it.

I do not recall seeing a no wield void mastery. Will keep an eye out.
    Last edited by Absolution; 06-21-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Titles: 456