Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AC Associate Designer NoWorries's Avatar

Quest Updates for August - Results

We have read though and discussed the many suggestions in the Quest Updates for August thread and have picked the top ten quests we are going to look at for updates.

• Making the Dericost Ritual Investigation permanently flag you for the Halt the Dericost Ritual quest.
    • Reducing the Radiant Mana Infusion pick-up timer.
    • Updating the quest and rewards for the Explorer Society Letters quest.
    • Adding a luminace reward to the Gear Knight Arrival and Apostate Grand Director quests.
    • Updating Atlan/Isparian quest/weapon (not including weeping).
    • Increasing the repeat time for the Slave Master quest along with increasing the luminance.
    • Adding kill tasks to Tou-Tou.
    • Updating the item rewards for Death's Allure.
    • Adding an exit portal to the Olthoi Chasm quest.
    • Updating Asteliary quests.
    As always this comes with the caveat that things may come up which could delay or prevent any or all of these updates.

Hopefully players will enjoy the changes that come from this and another round of suggestions will be possible for the future.

Re: Quest Updates for August - Results

great choices!
    Klien Rox

Quote Originally Posted by dexmonkey View Post
    FYI this template is called the Tugaker. It's the new Og mage.

Those are some great choices and I think a good balance between lvl ranges.

Edit: I see you closed the other thread with a post saying you made a results thread, posting a link to this thread in that post might not be a bad idea.
    ~Shedao Shai~
    Harvestgain - Officer of the Immortals (website)
    The Orange Army
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWorries
    "Certain players pride themselves on trying to go with very ugly bright orange suits just to blind others that they run by."
    - Said at 01:02:22 in this video

Sounds awesome, even though none of my suggestions were included. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Atlans, Explorer Quests and Asteliary Quests. I sincerely hope it won't involve me having to grind more motes to get a new Atlan.

Speaking of which, is it that you don't think that increasing the drops of all the low-drop trophies is a good idea (if so I'd love to hear your reasoning for that decision) or that it would take more time to fix than I think?
    Screw the rules. Play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWorries View Post
    We have read though and discussed the many suggestions in the Quest Updates for August thread and have picked the top ten quests we are going to look at for updates.

• Making the Dericost Ritual Investigation permanently flag you for the Halt the Dericost Ritual quest.
    • Reducing the Radiant Mana Infusion pick-up timer.
    • Updating the quest and rewards for the Explorer Society Letters quest.
    • Adding a luminace reward to the Gear Knight Arrival and Apostate Grand Director quests.
    • Updating Atlan/Isparian quest/weapon (not including weeping).
    • Increasing the repeat time for the Slave Master quest along with increasing the luminance.
    • Adding kill tasks to Tou-Tou.
    • Updating the item rewards for Death's Allure.
    • Adding an exit portal to the Olthoi Chasm quest.
    • Updating Asteliary quests.
    As always this comes with the caveat that things may come up which could delay or prevent any or all of these updates.

Hopefully players will enjoy the changes that come from this and another round of suggestions will be possible for the future.
    Nice list. Hope that the updated Explorer Society Letters quest means updating the old Daily Quests (noob quests) in those towns as well, rather than leaving them as forgotten level 5 adventures.
    Ingame on Darktide as "An Explorer".

"I don't think it's a good idea to expose unsuspecting prisoners to Darktide's general chat." ~Severlin

Good choices overall. I think small improvements like these are a great way to make questing more fun and expand the number of quests players do on a regular basis.

I know I'll be adding Grand Director and Gear Knight Arrival to my list of regular solo lum quests. Also I'm sure my allegiance will be doing the Dericost Ritual and Slave Master quests more often after August. The kill tasks might lure me out to Tou-tou as well, I'll wait and see what the work Vs. reward is like compared to Neftet.

Only thing I'm kind of disappointed about is the lack of Colosseum update. Maybe that was beyond the scope of what you were looking for in these suggestions but I still highly recommend it for an update sometime the future.
    Asheron's Call Wiki: http://ac.wikkii.net/

Title Count:328 (with Immortal Champion, Beacon of Hope, and Champion of the Obsidian Node)

Awesome! I am disappointed Garlean was not chosen but oh well maybe next time.
    Eldgrim - 255 War/MagicD Mage on Frostfell.
    Alternates: Einherjer Missile
    ---
    Einherjer - 251 Xbow user on Leafcull.
    Old characters: Spacelord/Spacemagi and Dan Fedaykin
    ---
    Sorry for my poor english everyone, i try my best!

I am excited about some of these. At the same time I'm a little disappointed Gaerlan is still not getting any love

Quote Originally Posted by Spacelord View Post
    Awesome! I am disappointed Garlean was not chosen but oh well maybe next time.
    Atarax & Sergeant Stab of Solclaim
    Member of the Radiant Blood - Power to the People!

1st Immortal Champion on SC
    1st Aerbax Slayer on SC

AC Community Wiki - The best AC Resource!

One note, when you upgrade the Atlan/Isparian weapons don't forget the black fire Atlan and prismatic Isparian stones as IMO those are the signature weapons of each

Quote Originally Posted by CountOrkin View Post
    One note, when you upgrade the Atlan/Isparian weapons don't forget the black fire Atlan and prismatic Isparian stones as IMO those are the signature weapons of each
    100% agreed.
    Ingame on Darktide as "An Explorer".

"I don't think it's a good idea to expose unsuspecting prisoners to Darktide's general chat." ~Severlin

So when they say upgrade the Atlans do they mean that the weapon upgrade kit will be usable on them or they are they just talking about making the current versions more useful for their intended level range (or both)?
    Asheron's Call Wiki: http://ac.wikkii.net/

Title Count:328 (with Immortal Champion, Beacon of Hope, and Champion of the Obsidian Node)

Registered User Taomagicdragon_SC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy1 View Post
    So when they say upgrade the Atlans do they mean that the weapon upgrade kit will be usable on them or they are they just talking about making the current versions more useful for their intended level range (or both)?
    The note's wording mentions updating the quest and the weapons.
    First member of the Whispering Blade
    First member of the Celestial Hand
    First Ally of the Gold Primus
    Freer of Asheron and Leader of the movements that crushed Aerbax and restored Atamarr
    Monarch of the Order of Perfect Light
    Taomagicdragon - 275 Lightbringer
    My Guides

i doubt my concepts will be used for "atlan upgrades" but please send me a PM if you guys would like me to finish them, and upload the images on a more permanent site

I'm really excited about gear knight arrival changes...I usually stop doing this on toons once they are close to 275...having lum on this will be great, can add it to the roster of quick/fun lum quests:

Nexus crawler
    Excavation
    Apostate citadel
    and now GK arrival

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast