Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Formula for health kit health returns, not success chance?

Just wondering if anyone knows it. I don't.

Even figuring out a way to test this so that it can be pinned down to a formula would be great.

Re: Formula for health kit health returns, not success chance?

I don't have the formula. Part of the problem is that like war, there doesn't seem to be any fixed point such as missile / melee crits, so any analysis would take large samples and some heavy statistical inference.

I'd start by getting kits with the same restoration bonus. According to Wiki, these all have 100% restoration bonuses:

Kit, Skill Bonus, Restoration Bonus
    Handy, 50, 100%
    Adept, 75, 100%
    Gifted, 100, 100%
    Renegade, 200, 100%

All except Renegade are store-bought, and renegade is easy to get.

Then I'd shoot raven's fury to get a consistent loss of HP and record healing returns.

Expect to be disappointed... even without full formulas, I have yet to find reason to train this skill. The returns are just too disappointing, let alone the failures.
    Please bear in mind as you read my posts that I have been through multiple laser surgeries and eye injections. My spelling and grammar have suffered as a result. I would normally be ashamed of the level of errors I make these days in my posts.

You never found a reason to train healing?

I couldn't live without healing.
    Count Orlock - DT - 275
    I'm Gay.

I have cooking on every non-mage I play.
    Please bear in mind as you read my posts that I have been through multiple laser surgeries and eye injections. My spelling and grammar have suffered as a result. I would normally be ashamed of the level of errors I make these days in my posts.

god healing is very worth it, at least to me.. i never fail with renegades.

healed for 303 the other day from like 8 hp
    DT

...... I hope your kidding.
    Count Orlock - DT - 275
    I'm Gay.

You just have to know what to use depending on your current health. If my health is above 220 I use a Blue kit and 95% of the time it heals me close to full. If I am below 220 I use a renegade and I know im not going to get a full heal but it will bring me high enough where I can switch to blue to bring me to the max again. I couldnt live without healing.
    Count Orlock - DT - 275
    I'm Gay.

i use chugs when below 50%; otherwise blue kits.

i personally think the healing success formula (whatever it is) needs serious attention. failing to heal simply because you're below 50% health is a poor dynamic. its not like healing spells are more effective when you're low on health.
    Klien Rox

Quote Originally Posted by dexmonkey View Post
    FYI this template is called the Tugaker. It's the new Og mage.

Registered User Taomagicdragon_SC's Avatar

I use the luminance healing kits if close to half, better than almost any other kit. I use blue kits at 75%.
    First member of the Whispering Blade
    First member of the Celestial Hand
    First Ally of the Gold Primus
    Freer of Asheron and Leader of the movements that crushed Aerbax and restored Atamarr
    Monarch of the Order of Perfect Light
    Taomagicdragon - 275 Lightbringer
    My Guides

god i wish i was max luminance so i could spend points on useless crap like healing kits, jesus.
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_elf View Post
    i wish i was max luminance so i could spend points on useless crap like healing kits
    me too. the lum kits look nice, but i've never had the opportunity to try them.

one day.....
    Klien Rox

Quote Originally Posted by dexmonkey View Post
    FYI this template is called the Tugaker. It's the new Og mage.

I only carry renegades and peerless kits, mainly because I've never really understood the healing dynamic .... for me even though healing not a "value for money" skill IMO but its a must have for melee or archer. carrying health foods or drinks take to much space and burden to have enough, having cooking and running out when you need it waiting for your toon to cook up some food doesnt appeal to me and I'm sure with my luck I'd always need it most when I'd run out :-) using life spells to heal takes so much time to stop swinging/shooting, get your wand out heal ... start fighting again ... in some cases when you need to heal multiple times after healing up means going through all that animation and again I'd see myself dying a lot more that I do with the failed to heal disease that can plague you ....

The other part of this equation for me is I'm so unco ordinated by the times I've fumbled around to use different kinds of kits and meats or rations etc I'm down to 10 health :-)

So having said all that its a skill that I find essential but I hate it with a passion as it fails me when I need it the most ... it doesnt seam to make a difference if XP is spent on it after a certain point ... I wouldnt mind so much if there was a return for the xp you spent on the skill (like most other skills) and maxing it out meant you where an "expert" healer or sorts ... but it is what it is for now and knowing its limitations is at least a step in surviving some of the low health situations
    The Real Trues - Leafcull

GooberNut - 275 Orange Tumerok 2hander, with an inviso helm
    McWomble
    - 275 War Mage/Summoner (Necromancy)
    Captian Underoos
    - lvl 275 Gear knight Tank Archer
    No Soup for U
    - lvl 275 Lugian Void/Summoner (Naturist)
    Hands Solo - lvl 227 Spec Life mage/Summoner (Primalist)

~~~ I don't know why I should have to learn Algebra... I'm never likely to go there. ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMGutsup View Post
    I only carry renegades and peerless kits, mainly because I've never really understood the healing dynamic .... for me even though healing not a "value for money" skill IMO but its a must have for melee or archer. carrying health foods or drinks take to much space and burden to have enough, having cooking and running out when you need it waiting for your toon to cook up some food doesnt appeal to me and I'm sure with my luck I'd always need it most when I'd run out :-) using life spells to heal takes so much time to stop swinging/shooting, get your wand out heal ... start fighting again ... in some cases when you need to heal multiple times after healing up means going through all that animation and again I'd see myself dying a lot more that I do with the failed to heal disease that can plague you ....

The other part of this equation for me is I'm so unco ordinated by the times I've fumbled around to use different kinds of kits and meats or rations etc I'm down to 10 health :-)

So having said all that its a skill that I find essential but I hate it with a passion as it fails me when I need it the most ... it doesnt seam to make a difference if XP is spent on it after a certain point ... I wouldnt mind so much if there was a return for the xp you spent on the skill (like most other skills) and maxing it out meant you where an "expert" healer or sorts ... but it is what it is for now and knowing its limitations is at least a step in surviving some of the low health situations
    While I sure like to complain about healing's shortcomings, I think it's not that far off from where it should be... when it's trained. There is a good risk-timing mechanic where failure becomes more likely if you wait for your total health to go below 50%. Granted, that happens ALOT when you are vulned and smacked with wars on high level content.

I do think that specializing should have a far more dramatic effect. I've posted suggestions before, such as an additional skill bonus on healing kits that is active if you are specialized. Currently you get what... 28 skill level difference between trained/spec'd?

Myself, I use Treated Kits for above 50% and blue kits and/or cugs for between 25% and 50% remaining health... chugs all the way for anything lower then that. I now treateds kinda stink as far as skill-bonus goes, but they restore a whole lot. Most of my melees have reasonably high focus, so they rarely fail a heal if they are above 50% remaining health. I also try to fit major healing into my equipment if I can.
    AC1: Leafcull - Monarch: Scarey Mary
    --------------------------------
    Brokin - lv275 DualWield(UA)/Life -- GO WOLVERINE!!
    Des Demona - lv264 Heavy-Dagger/AssessC + XBow
    Vexi - lv268 Defensive Finesse Swordie
    Kasta - lv275 BattleMage + MeleeD
    Nayla - lv267 Archer/Life

AC2:
    --------------------------------
    Fragma - lv42 Tumerok Spear/Healer
    Dezz - lv42 Human Defender
    Nayla - lv38 Human Ranger
    Glyph - lv38 Lugian Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMGutsup View Post

Hotkey your healing kit to 1 and your main pack to 2 and then just hit 1 then 2 and it heals you. Add potions/meats to a key and hit it and u gain health.
    Count Orlock - DT - 275
    I'm Gay.

Really shouldn't ever hotkey your main pack, just bind 'target self.'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast