Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Day of Dev's Time (Part Two) Results!

Monarch shorten title for ID nomination

#1 - Watchers of Ilservian Palacost
    Killer Templar
    Monarch of Watcher's Of Ilservian Palacost
    Playing since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    ~ Copy an item’s information from the examination panel so it can be pasted into the chat window. I’ll see if I can get this working in a day.

~ Targeting. I will look into how hard it would be to have two separate targets; a “world target” and an “inventory target” where selecting one does not unselect the other. The problem with this is that we’d need two “Use” hot keys and “Examine” functions to support this. If the process become too hairy when I look into implementation I will drop it. But it would be nice to drink a potion without losing my combat target.

~ Weapon buffs. Eventually we want self weapon buff to be an aura around you that affects all your weapons. You create a magic aura to buff all weapons as they are equipped instead of each individual weapon. Weapon debuffs, however, would be weapon specific and remain unchanged.

~ Facility Hub Orb as a spell. We’ll look into it.

~ Attribute gem timer. Once per month you can pay Luminance to change your attributes. For one hour you will be able to get attribute gems to change your attributes. After the hour you can no longer get these gems. Each gem would have a lifespan of an hour so you can’t stockpile them.

~ Finally add the human augmentation. We will be looking into adding this when we release Tumeroks rather than waiting until we finish Lugians.

~ Add gloves and boots that do decent damage (for fun) when using Unarmed with no weapon. We like an option to use the default punching and kicking animations in actual combat so we might add some usable punching gloves and kicking boots with increased damage ratings.

Sev~
    Great stuff!

Targeting improvements and the weapon auras sound great - I really hope these get implemented.

The facility orb spell is nice, but I think most people would rather you allow us to give in the faction orbs because I think we all do the 6 part quest line to get our red runed weapons and end up carrying the orb around.

I didn't know the Tumeroks were the next playable race - woot!

Hey if you're going to add gloves and boots for UA, don't forget to give some love to the Tusker Paws.

Quote Originally Posted by TemplarFamily View Post
    Monarch shorten title for ID nomination

#1 - Watchers of Ilservian Palacost
    I'm not sure you're getting the concept of "shorter".

So, I've got a quick question. Is the "Weapon Aura buff" something that only you yourself can cast, or is it something that say, a buffbot could cast on a low level toon and still have it affect all his/her weapons?
    Derek McDougal, level 115 Neutral Good SWORDSMAN, goddamn it, SWORDSMAN, Covenant Warrior, lockpicker, alchemist, and chef (Aluvian)
    Joy Luck, level 84 Lawful Good MACE, goddamn it, MACE (Aluvian)
    Spartan Hoplite, level 71 True Neutral VuLCan (Aluvian)
    All on FF.

Get rid of the February patch. You've screwed up the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDouggal View Post
    So, I've got a quick question. Is the "Weapon Aura buff" something that only you yourself can cast, or is it something that say, a buffbot could cast on a low level toon and still have it affect all his/her weapons?
    good question. i'd be interested in knowing the answer to this as well

No Foolproof gear salvage
    Johnia

Still no society recall. Is there a reason why?

So, no way to switch the Hearty set on AoD to Dex/Adept by handing the pieces to the Baishi thugs NPCs?

AoD is such a great concept for melees; Why penalize mage/archers when they're in the 130-180 level range?
    Ingame on Darktide as "An Explorer".

"I don't think it's a good idea to expose unsuspecting prisoners to Darktide's general chat." ~Severlin

Also, will the "aura buff" concept apply to impen/banes as well? That'd be nice.
    Ingame on Darktide as "An Explorer".

"I don't think it's a good idea to expose unsuspecting prisoners to Darktide's general chat." ~Severlin

No fellowship UI adjustments, you know - the floating, resizable transparent window so we can have more screen real estate? More UI additions are greatly needed!

Instead you're going to make tailor-able underwear? Really?

The copy/paste from ID panel is novel, but there have been decal plugins around for nearly a decade that handled that function very compactly & efficiently.

The mouse control was a huge success in my eyes. I hope more dev time can be spent on addressing UI improvements.

Registered User ConnortheCraftmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Televangelist View Post
    Also, will the "aura buff" concept apply to impen/banes as well? That'd be nice.
    I wouldn't see why not personally. I imagine this concept also helps server loads a bit (since there's only 1 "timer" ticking down versus many), so player convenience isn't the only thing that benefits here. Guess we'll see when/if it's implemented.
    Last edited by ConnortheCraftmaster; 09-07-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    [size=1]A.K.A
    ------------
    Connor's Accountant (Darktide) <--Main
    Connor's Pet Olthoi (Darktide)
    Connor's Pet Flying Olthoi (Darktide)
    Archmage Cindrue (Verdantine)
    Connor the Craftsmaster (Verdantine)
    Connor's Sales Associate (Verdantine)
    [/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    ~ Shorten Monarch titles so they fit into the examination window. We will be accepting specific player suggestions for shortened monarch names and pick the ones we like best.
    I'm assuming this means when you assess someone and you see "Monarch: High Queen Elysa Stra..." right? You want to shorten the "High Queen" part of it?

This got me thinking...
    • Characters can have names up to 32 characters.
    • The assessment panel seems to display (including the rank title) about 24 characters, though it may depend on character width.
    • There are 110 unique allegiance titles, and an allegiance monarch can be of any rank, since you can have 1 follower and be a rank 1 monarch.

Wouldn't it be easier:
    • increase the length that is displayed.
    • change the font/size.
    • put the name on the next line instead of on the same line aligned right.

Even if you shortened all the titles to say 5 characters, you can still have a character name that is 32 characters long, which is well over the display limit.

Also, why is this a problem? Yes, it would be nice if the full name was displayed, but you can hover your mouse over it now to see the full name.
    Asheron's Call Community Wiki Administator - acpedia.org & asheron.wikia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drids_Ghost View Post
    No fellowship UI adjustments, you know - the floating, resizable transparent window so we can have more screen real estate? More UI additions are greatly needed!

Instead you're going to make tailor-able underwear? Really?

The copy/paste from ID panel is novel, but there have been decal plugins around for nearly a decade that handled that function very compactly & efficiently.

The mouse control was a huge success in my eyes. I hope more dev time can be spent on addressing UI improvements.
    UI improvements are not a one-day project. Designing and building user interfaces takes *forever* if you do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Drids_Ghost View Post
    Day of dev's time means something that can be implemented in one day.

Sev~

Registered User ConnortheCraftmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joeblow8579 View Post
    UI improvements are not a one-day project. Designing and building user interfaces takes *forever* if you do it right.
    Truth. Having programmed a few UI's myself, I can tell you it involves a lot more work than one might think.
    [size=1]A.K.A
    ------------
    Connor's Accountant (Darktide) <--Main
    Connor's Pet Olthoi (Darktide)
    Connor's Pet Flying Olthoi (Darktide)
    Archmage Cindrue (Verdantine)
    Connor the Craftsmaster (Verdantine)
    Connor's Sales Associate (Verdantine)
    [/size]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast