Tethering with Verizon 4G LTE

Even though my power is back from Hurricane Irene, I have no idea when I'll get back my internet (Cablevision is the worst *(#(*# out there)

Is anybody currently terhering Verizon 4G LTE on an Android to connect to AC?

Are you able to do it without rooting?

How much data useage am I looking at?
    428 Titles and counting
    Now with all Kings, Queens, Jesters & Prodigals!
    Champion of House Mhoire! / Shade of Rytheran Slayer.

Re: Tethering with Verizon 4G LTE

I have been able to tether to AC with Verizon 4g LTE. Be aware that Sprint and Verizon use different technology and with Sprint you cannot really tether to ac as there is an issue with ports.

As long as there is 1 machine you should be able to tether into AC. I've been able to do it. Latency is another issue and expect 250-600 ms latency.

Also, due to how phone companies work and what kind of number you have you may have larger latency issues. For example:

You live in Massachusetts but have a WA state phone number. That means your data is routed across the country to the HRL in WA state (Due to your phone number), you get a WA state ip, and then your data is routed back to Massachusetts (Assuming the data servers are in Massachusetts).

In theory, you could decrease latency by getting a phone number that has the area code of the location where the servers are located.

Edit: That means you can change your IP address by changing the area code of the phone and possibly use that to reduce latency. Also, on another note, depending of how you tether you may have MTU issues and the best idea would be to read up online regarding tethering.
    Last edited by Krev; 09-02-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Re: Tethering with Verizon 4G LTE

I've tried but can't do it, using a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, android. I can get the connecting vial to fill, but not the update vial.