Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Registered User Taomagicdragon_SC's Avatar

Another Guide: Leveling!

A while ago someone posted my leveling guide (outdated) on the wiki so I've decided to change it up, update it, and try to go from 1-150 with only questing. So far, 1-100 is posted up and, hopefully, I'll be able to hit the 150 goal.

This guide doesn't take into account the trinket, xp weekends, or the creatures you fight during the quests (except for a couple instances).

The link is here:

http://ac.wikkii.net/wiki/User:Taoma...Leveling_Guide

Please check it out, leave questions or comments here

I will have 100-150 up over the next few days in 10 level brackets, feel free to suggest any quests here too.
    First member of the Whispering Blade
    First member of the Celestial Hand
    First Ally of the Gold Primus
    Freer of Asheron and Leader of the movements that crushed Aerbax and restored Atamarr
    Monarch of the Order of Perfect Light
    Taomagicdragon - 275 Lightbringer
    My Guides

Re: Another Guide: Leveling!

Comment: Go from level 5-16 or 17 by doing the tip the cow quest in Holtberg. You just tip the cow and get xp. It's very easy, but can be boring.

http://ac.wikkii.net/wiki/Cow_Tipping
    Last edited by NapinGakki; 07-30-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    蝴蝶 会意字 / 會意字 指事字

I like your suggestion about the bur flagging. I think even alot of older players miss that. Perhaps you should mention that they need to finish that line before they hit 80.

I don't understand the tusker guard kill task so late in your progression.

Quote Originally Posted by NapinGakki View Post
    Comment: Go from level 5-16 or 17 by doing the tip the cow quest in Holtberg. You just tip the cow and get xp. It's very easy, but can be boring.

http://ac.wikkii.net/wiki/Cow_Tipping
    Already in the guide (1-10 section)

Quote Originally Posted by Xurrrg View Post
    I like your suggestion about the bur flagging. I think even alot of older players miss that. Perhaps you should mention that they need to finish that line before they hit 80.

I don't understand the tusker guard kill task so late in your progression.
    Mainly because it "fit" there, you could do it later or earlier but it's fixed xp and is less of a grind at that level so I placed it there. For the most part, you can do these quests in any order and still be at that level, roughly.
    Freer of Asheron and Leader of the movements that crushed Aerbax and restored Atamarr
    My Guides

If I had just resubscribed since 2004 I would be stoked for this guid. The emphasis on questing over grinding is definately the best foot foreward.

I would mention the cow "quest" but personally I'd never do it in game as it is tedious & does not involve killing things.

Nicely written

Registered User ConnortheCraftmaster's Avatar

I don't know if you're just looking to compile a linear list or are suggesting in general what quests are available at what level, but I really like the Plateau Village Transit quest for the 40-60 level range... among the best designed quests out there in my opinion.

In any case, great guide and I'll probably make good use of it when I make my tumerok or lugian character (or drudge... *sniff*)... I haven't decided which yet... I might just make both.
    [size=1]A.K.A
    ------------
    Connor's Accountant (Darktide) <--Main
    Connor's Pet Olthoi (Darktide)
    Connor's Pet Flying Olthoi (Darktide)
    Archmage Cindrue (Verdantine)
    Connor the Craftsmaster (Verdantine)
    Connor's Sales Associate (Verdantine)
    [/size]

It's worth noting that there's a decal plugin called Khao Tipper which automates the cow tipping. Since you do not engage in combat to tip the cow, I don't believe it's in any way prohibited by the CoC.

Otherwise, excellent guide.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnortheCraftmaster View Post
    I don't know if you're just looking to compile a linear list or are suggesting in general what quests are available at what level, but I really like the Plateau Village Transit quest for the 40-60 level range... among the best designed quests out there in my opinion.

In any case, great guide and I'll probably make good use of it when I make my tumerok or lugian character (or drudge... *sniff*)... I haven't decided which yet... I might just make both.
    Basically a linear list. There are hundreds of quests in this game and I won't hit all of them (regrettably) and players can swap in whichever quest they want but for those looking for a place to start, this guide will get you to the levels stated. Due to the fluctuation of the lower GKA, I added the transit into the 46-50 bracket.

Level 100-110 bracket is posted.
    My Guides

Quote Originally Posted by joeblow8579 View Post
    It's worth noting that there's a decal plugin called Khao Tipper which automates the cow tipping. Since you do not engage in combat to tip the cow, I don't believe it's in any way prohibited by the CoC.

Otherwise, excellent guide.
    It probably isn't against the CoC, but I won't reference the plug-in given that I don't use them myself (though I have nothing against anyone else using TPA's).
    My Guides

Wow, I might actually level a newb from the beginning to go through these quests.
    Last edited by Krev; 07-30-2011 at 02:16 PM.

I would put the Mosswart Townsfolk killtask lower. It's pretty easy in the 50s and great points at that level. I'm pretty sure it's flat XP or at least really high percent. I'm working on a noob right now, and I'm not grinding or leeching him, so I'll be checking this list between contracts.
    Co-Monarch - Morningthaw's Watchers of Ilservian Palacost
    Master of the Radiant Blood

Loompah - 177 mace/TW
    Vitae Boy - 275 meleeless mage
    Je - 266 lifeless bow/sword
    Bhai Dayala - 275 void
    Guineo - 205 UA
    Urgleflogger - 233 sword

Gah, all this time i though the cow tipping meant 300 unique cows.....

I didnt know you could just tip the same cow 300 times

I totaly had a note guide going, and i spent some time organizing it to try and a route to various different cows....

No wonder i never finished the cow tip

Quote Originally Posted by Vitae Boy View Post
    I would put the Mosswart Townsfolk killtask lower. It's pretty easy in the 50s and great points at that level. I'm pretty sure it's flat XP or at least really high percent. I'm working on a noob right now, and I'm not grinding or leeching him, so I'll be checking this list between contracts.
    It is, and can be done much earlier than listed, but the quest it "pairs" with may not be something you'll get to until that point and, as it's fixed and it wasn't needed at the appropriate level, I left it for players to do with the Prodigal quest.

Level 110-120 bracket completed (118-119 was a bit tedious and may, depending on how over-leveled you are due to trinket, xp from kills, other quests you do concurrently, have a quest or two you could skip over without hurting your progression).

I found that after 115 the quests-to-level ratio widens a bit, but shrinks down again towards 120, will have to see how it does in for the last 3 brackets though I'm optimistic that it can be done without repeating (at least until 140).
    My Guides

Level 120-130 bracket up!
    My Guides

130-141 bracket up (one quest goes a little over, heh).
    My Guides

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast