Re: Oh by the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    /emote jaw drop

/emote pants tighten

Those screenshots are awesome!!!!
    Endrin the Mercenary 275 spec War/MeleeD/MagicD/Salv

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarzin View Post
    Any information in the way of potential UI changes?
    Yes this is something I was rather hoping for as well. I recently came back, knowing that this game wasn't the best looking by todays standards, and i'm glad to see it's getting an update to at least try to remain competative.
    However the ui is completely ancient, that was the hardest part in getting back into the game, it's still jarring even after 2 weeks with the game; not being able to look at my armor and the map at the same time, trying to shift through all my spells to find vulns, debuffs or regular buffs for other and self, and no real mouse support (spell cycling, movement). it really could use a streamlining. i'm sure all this is moot to people who have been around for a year or so, i liked it too when I first stepped foot on dereth almost a decade ago, but for new or returning players, it is extremely awkward and counter intuitive.

? i read awhile back with the issue with windows 7 and ati cards somewhere. with this update might we be able to turn on the landscape detail textures?
    Proud Monarch to the Dragon Moon Clan of Frostfell
    If you aint dying, you aint tryin.
    ~*~ Do not meddle in the affairs of a Dragon for you are crunchy and taste good with wine! ~*~
    WWW.GOTLIFESTONE.COM

zomg those look great XD
    Co-Monarch - Morningthaw's Watchers of Ilservian Palacost
    Master of the Radiant Blood

Loompah - 177 mace/TW
    Vitae Boy - 275 meleeless mage
    Je - 266 lifeless bow/sword
    Bhai Dayala - 275 void
    Guineo - 205 UA
    Urgleflogger - 233 sword

AC Associate Designer NoWorries's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tika View Post
    ? i read awhile back with the issue with windows 7 and ati cards somewhere. with this update might we be able to turn on the landscape detail textures?
    I haven't gotten to landscape detail textures yet so I couldn't tell you yes or no on that. It is something I am going to try and fix while the rest of the landscape is being improved.

However those after screenshots are taken with landscape detail textures unchecked, since using the old details textures actually makes the landscape look worse currently.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWorries View Post
    However those after screenshots are taken with landscape detail textures unchecked, since using the old details textures actually makes the landscape look worse currently.

oh wow then, im impressed. cant wait!
    Proud Monarch to the Dragon Moon Clan of Frostfell
    If you aint dying, you aint tryin.
    ~*~ Do not meddle in the affairs of a Dragon for you are crunchy and taste good with wine! ~*~
    WWW.GOTLIFESTONE.COM

Damn, I already have to have my settings in the lowest it can go so i can PvP,

And i just bought this PC in the summer=\.

Shows you how much Devs care about the PvP aspect of the game. Everything they're doing is aimed towards carebears. Tailoring, haircuts, new graphics.... Give me a break. The ONLY good thing about AC is the PvP, but I guess since more ppl play on carebear servers, the Devs don't care about pk. I play with my graphics set on the LOWEST possible settings. Graphic upgrades are a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pound_It View Post
    Shows you how much Devs care about the PvP aspect of the game. Everything they're doing is aimed towards carebears. Tailoring, haircuts, new graphics.... Give me a break. The ONLY good thing about AC is the PvP, but I guess since more ppl play on carebear servers, the Devs don't care about pk. I play with my graphics set on the LOWEST possible settings. Graphic upgrades are a waste of time.
    The addition of healing debuffs is specifically for PvP actually since it has no use in PvE currently.

We are *much* slower to make PvP changes because it is so potentially volatile to the PvP scene.

As for the settings, the current code actually spends a lot of time scaling all the textures up and down. While the update uses more memory, it should actually be easier on your graphics card because it isn't scaling all the landscape textures on the fly. The caveat there is we haven't done performance testing or put it up on the test server yet.

(We have run it on some pretty low end machines though and it seems to run fine.)

Sev~
    Last edited by Severlin; 05-03-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Absolutely amazing, considering they didnt upgrade the engine. Cant wait to see it ingame.

Yeah! Good job. I'm enjoying this.

Idea: Make water a multi layered, moving pattern. Very transparent at the top, and slowly getting more opaque as the layers go down. Give it a "shimmering" look.

It could look stunning given some genius. At least that's what I think.

Alter the doors a bit. Perhaps make it so they open automatically if you do a quest or something. It gets annoying.

What else

Perhaps different animations for every weapon would rock.

A lot of people on darktide enjoy your recent changes. I thought it was too carebear at first but to be honest, it's nice to have some visual changes. They're growing on me well.

PvP can get boring (thats not even the right word... variety is the spice of life, so to speak) / highly unfair at times / etc so I'm beginning to enjoy the carebearish stuff in the game, as well as suit building etc. I feel that any man\woman should learn how to enjoy aspects other then PVP, for this is key, to attempt to reap joy from everything and anything... (and to also turn the anger into love ) This is a good ability. Never accept negativity. There are a lot of positives all over this game. There is a good economy \ difficult dungeons to adjust to \ etc that offer challenges.

Really, I think the changes people want to see are mostly in regards to melee weapons. At least that's what I'd enjoy seeing. Even as a mage PVPing', I like to get my butt whooped with the new two hand weapons. It'd be cool to see mace with a new animation and all the melee classes with some new unique changes.

Maybe it would be good to have an instructional video from turbine on some basic casts I feel... some mages have no clue.

Perhaps there could be experiments in widening or removing the "casting circle" and enabling some form of "god mode" back in, if alterations can be made to melee weapons to make that fair. Don't forget bow.

Just some ideas...
    Last edited by LongSilkw2; 05-03-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Sev, NoWorries, or Frelorn can any of you guys tell us if there are any plans to do major or minor tweaks of the UI? Maybe make them more friendly to people who like to move their UI frames around, or to get rid of decal (by allowing us to create mods using only functions you allow us to access).

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarzin View Post
    Sev, NoWorries, or Frelorn can any of you guys tell us if there are any plans to do major or minor tweaks of the UI? Maybe make them more friendly to people who like to move their UI frames around, or to get rid of decal (by allowing us to create mods using only functions you allow us to access).
    We have nothing to announce at this time.

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Televangelist View Post
    Question: I know the water has to be a static texture.

However, some static textures -- like the lava in 110+ Wisps -- move over time so as to give it a better 'feel'.

Is this something that could work for the water texture?
    I have given some thought to this before, and I don't believe it's quite that easy. In the 110+ Wisps dungeon, the moving texture simply runs into walls on every angle, so Turbine can get away with it and no one really thinks much of it. Water, though, most often is completely streamlined with shoreline... there's no real breakoff. So if Turbine did make the water move, or even transparent, something tells me that all of the shorelines would still have remnants of the current texture.

Obviously I'm not certain of this, but it's what I've surmised over the years.
    Deathspawner: 275 Battlemage on Solclaim
    Deathreaper: 275 Triple D Spec Archer | Tiesto: 275 Tinker Mule
    Ryochu Xao: 275 Swordsman | Death the Devoid: 275 Void Mage
    Hei Shui: 258 Two-Handed
    Proud Member of the Renegade Guild

AC2: Deathreaper - 52 Human Ranger; Deathspawner - 34 Human Sorcerer
    Reddit: AC1, AC2

Quote Originally Posted by Deathspawner View Post
    I have given some thought to this before, and I don't believe it's quite that easy. In the 110+ Wisps dungeon, the moving texture simply runs into walls on every angle, so Turbine can get away with it and no one really thinks much of it. Water, though, most often is completely streamlined with shoreline... there's no real breakoff. So if Turbine did make the water move, or even transparent, something tells me that all of the shorelines would still have remnants of the current texture.

Obviously I'm not certain of this, but it's what I've surmised over the years.
    Perhaps they could use a method similar to that of smoke, or even that flashing billboard to fake it.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast