Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

question about tailoring

Ok say my amuli legs (grey trim)have 10 tinks on them can I tailor them onto amuli leggs (bright red trim) and then do the muilt slot to single slot on top of that?
    Im hoping so!!
    I im still wishing I didnt dump my mule of rare color sets on Mp floor a couple years ago(
    For the love of God make the weapons out there worth while. Not everone wants to be war mage or sword........

Re: question about tailoring

Quote Originally Posted by meatshield View Post
    Ok say my amuli legs (grey trim)have 10 tinks on them can I tailor them onto amuli leggs (bright red trim) and then do the muilt slot to single slot on top of that?
    Im hoping so!!
    I im still wishing I didnt dump my mule of rare color sets on Mp floor a couple years ago(
    You will be able to obtain a Slot Reduction Tool and use the tool on your tinkered Amuli Leggings to reduce them to single slot yes. They will retain their tinks.

You may then obtain an Armor Appearance Extractor. When you use it on your bright red trim Amuli leggings it destroys them and turns into an Armor Appearance Applier that remembers what they looked like. You then use that Armor Appearance Applier on your grey legs to turn their appearance stored on the Armor Appearance Applier; in this case giving them the bright red trim you want.

We also have something called the Armor Layering Tool. If you apply that to armor then that piece will visually lay over other pieces of armor that might overlap. In other words you are putting that armor on top. This allows you to make sure your Amuli Coat's sleeves will always show over other arm pieces you happen to be wearing.

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    You will be able to obtain a Slot Reduction Tool and use the tool on your tinkered Amuli Leggings to reduce them to single slot yes. They will retain their tinks.

You may then obtain an Armor Appearance Extractor. When you use it on your bright red trim Amuli leggings it destroys them and turns into an Armor Appearance Applier that remembers what they looked like. You then use that Armor Appearance Applier on your grey legs to turn their appearance stored on the Armor Appearance Applier; in this case giving them the bright red trim you want.

We also have something called the Armor Layering Tool. If you apply that to armor then that piece will visually lay over other pieces of armor that might overlap. In other words you are putting that armor on top. This allows you to make sure your Amuli Coat's sleeves will always show over other arm pieces you happen to be wearing.

Sev~
    so it doesn't have to be a similar peice? I could take epic willpower amuli leggings and switch the stats and spells for something like Pauldrons?

Quote Originally Posted by voltaro View Post
    so it doesn't have to be a similar peice? I could take epic willpower amuli leggings and switch the stats and spells for something like Pauldrons?
    Unless something changed, it has to be exactly slot for slot. So, pauldrons to pauldrons, leggings to leggings, hauberk to hauberk, etc.

Now, let's hope the write up for Tailoring hits in the next few days.

No. Tailoring will only work on pieces that cover (or covered) the same slots.

To be clear. Tailoring does *not* move around stats. It steals the appearance of one item that looks good and puts that appearance on another item worn in the same slots. Think of it this way; changing Epic Willpower Amuli Leggings to look like Pauldrons makes no sense since it wouldn't change where the item is worn.

Sev~

No. Tailoring will only work on pieces that cover (or covered) the same slots.

To be clear. Tailoring does *not* move around stats. It steals the appearance of one item that looks good and puts that appearance on another item worn in the same slots. Think of it this way; changing Epic Willpower Amuli Leggings to look like Pauldrons makes no sense since it wouldn't change where the item is worn.

Sev~
    Just out of curiosity. When you tailor say Amuli Leggings. They have 3 possible slots. How would you determine which slot they go to if you reduce the number of slots it covers. Would it always be a girth? Or do we get to choose?
    Solclaim
    Lace-the-Pacebringer
    Djinn the Angel of Death

Darktide
    Eveil

Oh, 1 more question as well. I assume old style PP heaumes will be able to have their appearance transferred to newer head pieces?
    Endrin the Mercenary 275 spec War/MeleeD/MagicD/Salv

Quote Originally Posted by Lace-Djinn View Post
    Just out of curiosity. When you tailor say Amuli Leggings. They have 3 possible slots. How would you determine which slot they go to if you reduce the number of slots it covers. Would it always be a girth? Or do we get to choose?
    "~ Third, a new quest would be introduced so once per month players could, at some effort and/or expense, transform one set of pants into a girth while retaining the visual look of the piece. The piece would also be set up so it would still visually cover multiple areas, effectively overriding the visual piece that is already there. "

So, I would guess that if you reduced amuli leggings to a girth, you could then only apply it to another girth.
    ---
    Django: Oh, I'm an Ursuin and I'm dieing, the horror... the horror... it's all getting dark now. I can feel my life drianing out through my paws...

Geneva: Oh I forgpt to mention, after the event, we are all going to hold hands, sing KumBaYah, hug a few trees and then all us o.Os are going to GB2FF.

Turbine Staff Django (ARCHIVED)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lace-Djinn View Post
    In short, there's a list of objects by their base file name. Coat Amuli, Coat Chiran, Coat Alduressa, as examples of some coats. Only objects in the coat list can be added to coats no matter how many slots they fill. A Breastplate or Hauberk object can't be added to a Coat or the other way around even if they are all reduced to being a Breastplate in coverage.

no. those do not share anything in common, so you would never be able to have an interaction between those 2. you could do something with tassets and leggings, however (as long as the leggings dont cover abs). the leggings could be reduced to just covering the tassets spot and then interact with the tassets.
    Kromwell - level 275 Sword and Bow spec
    Ebonwood Shortbow casts Major Bow on you, ...
    That which does not kill me, makes me stronger
    7 Immortal Champions, so far...

Sev~
    pure awesomeness

Sev~
    But do you have to make both of the amuli leggings onto single slots for it to work first or can u put the look of a 3 slot amuli leggs directly onto a single slot amuli leggs?
    Endrin the Mercenary 275 spec War/MeleeD/MagicD/Salv

lol sweet! thanks!!! you rock this #@%$ so I need 3 tinks to do what I want hmmm I hope its afordable not with alt currancy either I'm hoping 2 of those step are quest related
    For the love of God make the weapons out there worth while. Not everone wants to be war mage or sword........

so multi slot armor is still useless, essentially....

unless i missed something here
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_elf View Post
    so multi slot armor is still useless, essentially....

unless i missed something here
    Not exactly? I like the look of amuli pants, olthoi celdon sleeves, olthoi amuli coats....so now, if I want to wear those things I still can and not lose anything (except for some "effort or expense").
    ---
    Django: Oh, I'm an Ursuin and I'm dieing, the horror... the horror... it's all getting dark now. I can feel my life drianing out through my paws...

Geneva: Oh I forgpt to mention, after the event, we are all going to hold hands, sing KumBaYah, hug a few trees and then all us o.Os are going to GB2FF.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast