Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More 10th anniversary info!

It's Friday and since the team is in a good mood we thought we'd leak some more 10th anniversary goodness.

(Edit: NoWorries commented to me that he is actually not in a good mood so I have falsely reported.)

In the form of... new Augs!

Yes we are adding new Augmentations for you to obtain as part of the 10th anniversary.

~ Infused War Magic
    By mastering the art of War Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast War Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.

~ Infused Life Magic
    By mastering the art of Life Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast Life Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.

~ Infused Item Magic
    By mastering the art of Item Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast Item Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.

~ Infused Creature Magic
    By mastering the art of Creature Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast Creature Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.

~ Master of the Steel Circle
    Your skill at using all melee weapons is increased. Your effective melee skill when using any melee weapon is increased by +10.

~ Master of the Four Fold Path
    Your skill at casting all schools of magic is increased. Your effective magic skill when casting any spell is increased by +10.

~ Master of the Focused Eye
    Your skill at using all missile weapons is increased. Your effective missile skill when using any missile weapon is increased by +10.

~ Frenzy of the Slayer
    All damage you cause from melee weapons, missile weapons, or magical spells is increased. You gain a damage rating of 3 which increases all damage you do with any attack. (Damage rating is basically a percentage increase, but it is additive with other damage rating boosts. It multiplies all damage by (100 + Rating) / 100.)

~ Eye of the Remorseless
    Your chance to make a critical hit with any melee attack, missile attack or damage spell that can get critical hits is increased by 1%.

~ Hand of the Remorseless
    Your damage for any attack that successful scores a critical hit , be it melee attack, missile attack or damage spell is increased by 3%.

~ Iron Skin of the Invincible
    All damage you take from weapon or spell is decreased. You gain a damage reduction rating of 3 which reduces all damage you take. (Damage reduction rating is basically a percentage decrease, but it is additive with other damage reduction rating boosts. It divides all damage by 100 / (100 + Rating). Basically a damage reduction rating of 3 will negate a damage rating of 3.

(As an aside, we understand that some players are nearing XP cap for getting more augmentations. The tech to remove augmentations and restore the experience from that augmentation is complex and won't be in for the 10th anniversary. We went back and forth on whether to include new augmentations in this patch, but we decided that putting them in was more of a boon to the 20th anniversary despite this limitation.)

Sev~
    Last edited by Severlin; 09-25-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Re: More 20th anniversary info!

Quote Originally Posted by An Adventurer View Post
    20th anniversary? getting ahead of ourselves?
    Hey, we needed a lot of dev time.

Fixing now.

Sev~

Re: More 20th anniversary info!

20th anniversary? getting ahead of ourselves?

the new augs sound great
    Asheron's Call Community Wiki Administator - acpedia.org & asheron.wikia.com

Re: More 10th anniversary info!

<3 to Sev and the Dev team. Awesome ideas !!!
    Saloben of WE

April 1st?
    428 Titles and counting
    Now with all Kings, Queens, Jesters & Prodigals!
    Champion of House Mhoire! / Shade of Rytheran Slayer.

WB Games Community Manager Frelorn's Avatar

The Dev Team has been working a ton of extra hours to get as much as they can into this update. I think when everything is done, they should get a vacation.
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo - WB Games Community Manager

A computer once beat me at spelling, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Nice work guys. I appreciate the work you guys put in to the 100th patch and the work of the devs back for ToD ... but these Augmentations are really what people ahve been dreaming of since ToD was announced.
    Gustaive the Steel
    Allegiance Website for the Knights of Fortune

TOK-715

"I didn't kill you. The fire did"

At least you're setting realistic goals and time frames ... lol

Nice Sev.
    Heideggar - Chaotic Good

Nice, just wish I hadn't town criered all those aug gems to reclaim pack space lol.

I heart the devs...for now Nice work...I'm stoked!
    Founding member of the Celestial Hand of Morningthaw.

Egam Signeg - Critter / Melee / War Supermage!

Gengis Con - Xbow / Life / Melee Supergimp!

[General] +Turbine Noworries says, "Yes your creepy man love for Sev on the forums put you in the no go list Gengis"

Asheron's Call is experiencing a renaissance period! Nice work Devs!

Strong supporter of REP ME (Race Elaboration Proposals and Mite Expansion)

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    It's Friday and since the team is in a good mood we thought we'd leak some more 10th anniversary goodness.

(Edit: NoWorries commented to me that he is actually not in a good mood so I have falsely reported.)

In the form of... new Augs!

Yes we are adding new Augmentations for you to obtain as part of the 10th anniversary.

~ Infused War Magic
    By mastering the art of War Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast War Magic spells, though you still require scarabs.

~ Infused Life Magic
    By mastering the art of Life Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast War Magic spells, though you still require scarabs.

~ Infused Item Magic
    By mastering the art of Item Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast War Magic spells, though you still require scarabs.

~ Infused Creature Magic
    By mastering the art of Creature Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast War Magic spells, though you still require scarabs.

~ Master of the Steel Circle
    Your skill at using all melee weapons is increased. Your effective melee skill when using any melee weapon is increased by +10.

~ Master of the Four Fold Path
    Your skill at casting all schools of magic is increased. Your effective magic skill when casting any spell is increased by +10.

~ Master of the Focused Eye
    Your skill at using all missile weapons is increased. Your effective missile skill when using any missile weapon is increased by +10.

~ Frenzy of the Slayer
    All damage you cause from melee weapons, missile weapons, or magical spells is increased. You gain a damage rating of 3 which increases all damage you do with any attack. (Damage rating is basically a percentage increase, but it is additive with other damage rating boosts. It multiplies all damage by (100 + Rating) / 100.)

~ Eye of the Remorseless
    Your chance to make a critical hit with any melee attack, missile attack or damage spell that can get critical hits is increased by 1%.

~ Hand of the Remorseless
    Your damage for any attack that successful scores a critical hit , be it melee attack, missile attack or damage spell is increased by 3%.

~ Iron Skin of the Invincible
    All damage you take from weapon or spell is decreased. You gain a damage reduction rating of 3 which reduces all damage you take. (Damage reduction rating is basically a percentage decrease, but it is additive with other damage reduction rating boosts. It divides all damage by 100 / (100 + Rating). Basically a damage reduction rating of 3 will negate a damage rating of 3.

(As an aside, we understand that some players are nearing XP cap for getting more augmentations. The tech to remove augmentations and restore the experience from that augmentation is complex and won't be in for the 10th anniversary. We went back and forth on whether to include new augmentations in this patch, but we decided that putting them in was more of a boon to the 20th anniversary despite this limitation.)

Sev~

*tears of joy*

You saw my wish list.

Sev, I noticed you have +10 for all three of the effective skill increase augmentations. I think these are great, but with melee skills being (attr+attr)/3 and melee/missle being (attr)/2 and (attr+attr)/4 would it make sense to have something like +15 for the increase for effective melee!? +10 is a bigger bonus to missle and magic than it is to melee.

Two more things:

1) Will we be seeing more new, and exciting, ways to obtain blank augmentation gems!? Having to basically wait years to get all the augmentations you want, especially with these new ones coming, doesn't seem appealing.

2) With the 10th anniversary picking through some of the nicer things I've wanted to see done, will we be blessed with a way to buff our weapons and shields in a timely fashion!?

3) OK 3 more things... maybe this is for the 20th anniversary patch. Will we see housing removed, storage put into towns, and an aggressive land control system put into place?

I get this wierd feeling you're going back through my post history and implementing all the cool stuff I've wanted over the years.
    Heideggar - Chaotic Good

Awesome!!
    Marie the Loyal/Timarra/Sharones
    Evolution of Light

Well i guess what i will do with my gaming time today .
    Thumbs up on the news Augs.

But with the foci augs you made a little copy and paste error

You have listed all 4 augs to remove the need for foci for war magic spells.

Wow, this is awesome. Makes me wish I had hoarded a bunch of blank aug gems on my two guys that already have all their useful augs. Then again they got Deimos access so it won't take long to get them all. Thanks for telling us in advance, I'll do the augment quest as soon as I can.

The no foci augs are gonna save me a TON of pack space (10 foci replaced with packs with 24 slots each = 240 items on my 3 main guys). That will be nice.

With the +10 magic skill aug I'll have 516 war skill with my adepts/wise set and epic war/self. That's like a full 50 points more than I had a year ago, kinda crazy (in a good way)...
    Asheron's Call Wiki: http://ac.wikkii.net/

Title Count:328 (with Immortal Champion, Beacon of Hope, and Champion of the Obsidian Node)

Wow. This is completely epic. I am shocked at how much you are putting into this 10th Anniversary. I agree with Frelorn, that the Devs need a vacation after this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast