Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Possible to play AC2 still ?

Hello,

I played a lot AC2 and i really miss that game. does anyone know if it is possible to still play it ?

I heard about private servers, and that maybe it could be possible to get one + a client running on the same PC ?

Even if that would then not be an MMORPG but a solo game i would really like to replay AC2.

PS: i played on AC2 TD (MT befor the merge), my main charracters were : Bazzooka, Goldorak, Gordon Freeman (in order i used them as main).

Registered User chazriker (ARCHIVED)'s Avatar

Re: Possible to play AC2 still ?

as far as I know... no.

I don't believe any AC2 emulators exist and even if they did it'd probably be a hackneyed imitation. Emulators of other games are the product of years upon years of hard work by individuals who live in a cave

Really though, it's a shame I never got to try out AC2, but if people were returning to AC1 after playing AC2, I guess it didn't really accomplish it's goals
    A.K.A Archmage Cindrue (a doppelganger?)
    A.K.A Connor the Craftsmaster
    A.K.A Connor's Sales Associate
    --------
    Current primary server: Verdantine

Registered User DadgaSilverhand's Avatar

i would love to play Ac2 once again too.
    it got best quest designs that helps keep the flow of level fairly even.

after the legions released, it had better additional quests and late patches, only slowest level gap is 40 to 45 that take little while to hit 45, then 45 to 50 takes few days since it got bigger reward point system.

my fav quests are those Fettermound Soulbound Weapons, Lake Artefun Armors (3 types), Tyrant Armors, and pet Gust Tyrant, and Ghost Gauntlets.

1-15 lvl was a breeze in Osteth region, but 15-35 lvl in Vesayian were slow and somehow seemed nerfed and difficult without a group or bloodstone potions, since most vaults are limited 1 timed access to defeat vault boss with no one to help.
    then 36-50 lvl in Linvak Massel region was split in 3 section base on difficulty and mob density kept this region interesting with low section with eli, banderlings, and dilloes, then heading to 2nd section with gurogs, and 3rd for undeads and tyrants.

i never got chance to fully explored recently opened Knorr as many folks left this game upset with Jeff Anderson's decision to shut down just after 30 days Legions been released, there was no way i could explore Knorr without having newer armor made for that Knorr region.
    i just had barely explored Marrae Lassel, aka Amorra after i had my first main character's ascension.

i love that Ascension Shrine idea, which it open with new skills, it made my defender pretty powerful, it made my eq2's and DDO's paladins seem very weak. it made me depressed so bad since other games are not fun to play.
    why pay for sub that has no fun?

anyway, enough rantings for ac2 from me.
    it would need to polishing last few bugs and some level adjusting, and add new armor and weapons made for Knorr region, otherwise Knorr would still be wasteland and hardly any players sighted in Knorr.
    i would say just 1 server instead of multiple servers and all account restart from scratch with new characters.
    if more folks playing ac2, and they would open new server, but existing account will not be able to recreate new alts just like eq2's limited character slots to prevent multiple alts in case if there is server merges and folks want to keep other alts for mule exploits.
    if they want to create new alt on new server, they must have choice to "delete" an alt just to open slot for new server just to be with friends.

we wont see any patches unless there is most requested need fix.

i do hope for "Solo" Ac2 platform, similar to Neverwinter Nights format, to play and to create fan-made Ac2 modules and get folks playing them download to play almost unlimited modules and stories designed by other creative players and possibility of forming a new dev team.

Bazooka? i recognized your name, and i primarily played Wylonus, i think you played lugian, not sure which template, sage-melee or tactician, i think you had helped others getting "Artefun" emerald king armors before they unplugged.

Ac2 may not be back, current Ac events still long way to go for new story arcs for Gurogs, remaining isparians and new towns built for refugees of Miltantos, Silverans, Rouleans, and Shou-vey, and many other altered creatures.

devs and producer(s) won't discuss any further, so it might be in new project and surprises if they are planning to upgrade or to rebuilt with new game engine to give fresh life into AC.
    if not, then there nothing to worry about except making "conspiracy theories" which make devs laughing.
    so, i just guess it all about waiting for thier announcments even it may take months away or 1-2 years from now or never.
    if they do bring back and i will be happy to play defender template once again unless new skill modifications.
    may not this current CEO but maybe later future CEO who may want Ac2 revived, just have to wait, yeah, quite awhile to wait.

With the servers being completely offline, and Turbine moved to a new data center, I am guessing that this will never be revived.

It would be great if some of these now defunct mmo's were released to the public to see if player run worlds could be created.
    Remember, don't take life too seriously. You won't make it out alive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DadgaSilverhand View Post
    i never got chance to fully explored recently opened Knorr as many folks left this game upset with Jeff Anderson's decision to shut down just after 30 days Legions been released, there was no way i could explore Knorr without having newer armor made for that Knorr region
    Legions released: May 4, 2005
    Shutdown Announcement: August 25, 2005
    Shutdown: December 30, 2005

Registered User DadgaSilverhand's Avatar

i am aware it announced in that august, and it was released may, but i didnt get Legions til mid july, due to my local store "always" getting sold out even i had pre-ordered to reserve a copy.
    something fishy at these game stores.

i personally think those out of business game store had something to do with and hurting the sales, just in my opinion, it was sabotaged, they also refused to sell or take orders for PC games.

then 3 years later, most PC games are available at Best Buy or order from online services.

having "fan-made" module is great idea, and possible 'custom contents'.

Quote Originally Posted by DadgaSilverhand View Post
    i am aware it announced in that august, and it was released may, but i didnt get Legions til mid july, due to my local store "always" getting sold out even i had pre-ordered to reserve a copy.
    something fishy at these game stores.

i personally think those out of business game store had something to do with and hurting the sales, just in my opinion, it was sabotaged, they also refused to sell or take orders for PC games.

then 3 years later, most PC games are available at Best Buy or order from online services.

having "fan-made" module is great idea, and possible 'custom contents'.
    Getting in July is different than it being released in July (based on your previous post). I got my copies on release day in May.

I think distribution problems were caused by Sony, but that's just me talking.

Thanks for your long post Dadgasilverhand, i really too would like to be able to replay AC2, either on a real Turbine server, or even as a solo game. I'm sure they could do this without spending to much time and costs on it, and probably enough people would buy it so they don't lose money doing it.

But i'm affraid, like Aviar said, that will probably never happen

. I'm sure they could do this without spending to much time and costs on it, and probably enough people would buy it so they don't lose money doing it.

yeah right, they closed down a money making proposition becuase they didn't want to be pushed into higher income bracket or start making enough money that furher obama would start capping their salaries.

it was shut down for a reason and will probably stay closed for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by chazriker View Post
    as far as I know... no.

Really though, it's a shame I never got to try out AC2, but if people were returning to AC1 after playing AC2, I guess it didn't really accomplish it's goals
    Yeah I never saw anything of AC2 other than screenshots. Which I am sorry to say was hardly a replacement.

Although I doubt it would do any good, Why not get everyone that yall know that either liked the game, or that and wants it back, and tell Turbine that we want it back, plz....
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely
    in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t .....what a ride!'
    -George Carlin (1937-2008)

Rest in Peace George. You are Truly missed!

I was only a beta tester but from what I saw AC2 was a harbinger of future MMO's...unfortunately. Maybe it was too ahead of it's time. All I know is that it turned off a large portion of the AC1 crowd and wasn't a big enough name to pull from the other games similar to it.

The graphics would still hold up to any game I've seen recently though. I was stunned when i saw the graphics of that game.

and it went on to prove stunning graphics don't make a LASTING game. 2 days of ooh nice graphics maybe a week tops then it's this game sucks if the mechanics playability is terrible.

Here's a question. Would you play the game if you had to pay, say a one time $20 fee, but got no updates?
    "We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."

no, i didn't like what i saw in AC2

admittedly I had plenty of troubles and never really got out of the starter section in beta but it sure turned me off.\

should have me truely AC2, same skills and set up with updates to handle more then 32 bit numbers and the newer graphics. NOT some un proven skill set system. something the AC1 players would have gladly upgraded/moved too. not something so radically different a lot got totally turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraduck View Post
    Here's a question. Would you play the game if you had to pay, say a one time $20 fee, but got no updates?
    I would. AC2 pretty much sucked out the gate but it is finally coming around when it got shut down.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast