Turbine Accounts

Thay have 1300+ accounts and make 2mill+ a year off this game... with that said the game won't die any timer soon.... just a heads up to those people think this is a dead game.

Re: Turbine Accounts

1300 * 13 * 12 =202,800

Banned

1300 * 13 * 12 = 202,800 * 10 = 2mill+

Either way, its almost eleventy billion dollars.

JJC wow you could count unless

Care to tell us where you got your "1300 accounts" info?

I hope it's wrong, cause $200K per year probably doesn't cover the upkeep of the servers and the salaries of the few people who keep the game running.
    ôFanaticism consists in redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim.ö -- George Santayana, 1905

> wow you could count unless

Yes, my arithmetic skills almost rival my English skills. I see the same pattern in you too.

JJC

Quote Originally Posted by Jothony SC View Post
    Care to tell us where you got your "1300 accounts" info?

more or less 150 (average) active accounts per servers times 9 servers = 1350.

That seems a reasonnable estimate.
    Im not a good mage ... thats why I use an axe
    [SIZE="1"] Users ignored : MaddyFF-Diocletian [/SIZE]

lol what about people like me that play all servers? 16 accounts spread across all servers still is only 16 accounts

> That seems a reasonnable estimate.

Not really. In the industry, logged in accounts represent about a tenth of paying accounts. If you only play on mondays and someone else only plays on tuesdays you've counted them as one person by this metric.

WoW claims 11.5 million subscriptions. They also have "over 200" servers. So lets say they have 250 servers because I don't care to count and it's a nice number for the math. So that means each server would have to support 46 thousand players at the same time. They don't do that. So either they are missing a thousand or so servers or counting the average number of people logged in as the total is a poor way to count.

JJC

Considering all the people who have multiple accounts (but can't play more than 1 or 2 at a time) and people who don't play full time, I would think there's at least 5000 active accounts. Maybe twice that if we're lucky.

5000 active accounts would result in about 3/4 million $ a year. That's more like what I think they would need to support a small staff and some facilities.
    ôFanaticism consists in redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim.ö -- George Santayana, 1905

Most people have multiple accounts and I doubt more than 1/4 of people are on at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    > That seems a reasonnable estimate.

Not really. In the industry, logged in accounts represent about a tenth of paying accounts. If you only play on mondays and someone else only plays on tuesdays you've counted them as one person by this metric.

WoW claims 11.5 million subscriptions. They also have "over 200" servers. So lets say they have 250 servers because I don't care to count and it's a nice number for the math. So that means each server would have to support 46 thousand players at the same time. They don't do that. So either they are missing a thousand or so servers or counting the average number of people logged in as the total is a poor way to count.

JJC
    Thanks for the correction:

That seems a reasonnable lower estimate.
    Last edited by Bozo; 03-09-2009 at 12:45 AM.
    Im not a good mage ... thats why I use an axe
    [SIZE="1"] Users ignored : MaddyFF-Diocletian [/SIZE]

Id say 7 White Servers = 350 Subs to be safe (includes multiple accounts, different time zones, etc)

DT = Probably 400-450. Hard to say because a lot of the people who play DT, also have chars on white servers.

VT = Probably 125-150.

Using the high of those numbers, Turbine might have about 3050 subscriptions, Yielding almost 475,000 a year, enough to pay the 3 interns that work on Asheron's Call and other expenses.