Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: PvP Improvements

Concept #1 is a bit rough.

Say I'm on a white world as a red dot fighting another red dot. I get hit for 240, then a pink dot finishes me off. The red dot gets the kill, so I encure a red dot type penalty for dying.

What loss does a pink dot have from a red dot killing him? loses buffs.

While simple, I'm sure a lot of pink dots would not like it, but I'd let red dots attack pink dots, and not let pink dots be able to fight back. If you want to fight back against a red dot, go red.

The red dot is risking something, the pink dot isn't.

--------------------------

Land Control, to be honest, is the only thing that will save this game. It's not PvP-only either like some people think.

--------------------------

Arch, what PvM things were changed because of PvP balance issues!? I recall several PvP things that were changed because of PvM, but can't think of PvM being changed.
    Heideggar - Chaotic Good

You want to do something for your PKs?

License player-run servers, like UO does. Figure out some sort of a model so you can make money off it, or just do it to engender good will among your playerbase.

Registered User Frank The Knife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paraduck
    Combined with a human slayer imbue, I can see the second effect being useful.

IMO, what really needs to happen is:

1) The increase of damage for all classes. Everyone should be doing more damage, but some classes need more help than others. IIRC, the original design of the Weeping Weapons was to allow players to kill each other faster. Recent changes such as the pre-order health bonus gem and resistance augmentations have negated this effect, making many 1v1 (and even some small group) fights last a long time if the players are of about the same skill level.

2) Something needs to be done about uber melee defense weapons. Your attack modification may be the key here. But in order for it to be useful, it'll have to be applied to human slayer weapons.

Also, continuing to look into fixing those damn animation-related bugs would be appreciated too. :P Not to mention land control...
    I agree.

Fix the melee wands but dont gimp my melee against another melee. Remember its wands that are the problem. If I spec melee and pump it I expect to avoid other melees.
    ~Retired Arwic Mafia~
    Angry Sword Melee
    "I think probably the best non-mage template is a melee with spec life&war"
    "Make the difficulty of a healing spell be on par with the difficulty of a healing kit."
    "Tugak Quati" = Lame

Registered User Frank The Knife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arch Magi
    I have no suggestions. But I was just sick and tired of having PvM items nerfed because it "unbalanced" PvP.

Name a few. I forgot what they were...
    ~Retired Arwic Mafia~
    Angry Sword Melee
    "I think probably the best non-mage template is a melee with spec life&war"
    "Make the difficulty of a healing spell be on par with the difficulty of a healing kit."
    "Tugak Quati" = Lame

sing wand is the only one ever.
    Untouchables. Guild formerly known as Laton.
    Sheriff Tej and his Deputy Cezium don't f around.
    <+AC1Crowley> cezium, we have to worry about both fun and exploits

WHY IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU THINK PULLING BS IDEAS OUT OF YOUR (!^@(^# IS THE ANSWER?

Listen to your playerbase and WORK on giving us what the hell we ask for.

Next months patch....

YES!, YOU HEARD IT!!!, EVEN MORE POWER TO MAGES!!! MUHAHAHAHAH!

Ass backwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Televangelist
    Not nearly radical enough, not soon enough.

Now that SWG is outpacing AC in the twitch combat department with their big new redesign and declared new emphasis on large-scale PvP, you guys have to make getting PvP fun again a top priority in order to keep that segment of the playerbase coming back.

Have you read the SWG boards??? most of the PvPers HATE the changes!!! The combat SUCKS now! You have to keep your mouse pointer on the target at ALL times to attack... and that is what they call "twitch" combat People that dont even PvP on SWG are leaving by droves over this "change".

Ya, outpacing... uh huh

Although I dont play DT, and dont do more than PKL occasionally.... I really hope the PVP side of the game can get some help, they have been waiting quite a while
    Even if it kills you, it makes you stronger!!

I don't quite understand the ideas, in several ways. First of all, it's a bit unclear as to what they really are. We could use a little more detail.

If the slayer bonus can increase hollow weapon damage, I believe that's a very, very, very bad idea. Nothing more needs to be done to the game to encourage ganking.

I also don't understand why you don't just directly increase the damage of weeping weapons. Many of them have been considerably stronger in the past. What exactly is the problem with that?

I suggest you do the following:

Give melee weepings back their old stats from before they were nerfed. Increase the damage of weeping wands by the same general percentage. Missile weepings have since been made more powerful, but that was still before ToD, so they could use a small bump.

That's not perfect or remotely near an end-all-be-all solution, but unless you don't have the old melee weeping stats for some reason, that would require minimal tweaking, and it would immediately bring more life and fun back to PvP than any other change, short of somehow removing housing from DT or redesigning the physics engine.

This is simple stuff that you know you can do. You need to get the basics down before you go messing with things that you aren't sure are possible yet.

And btw, we aren't feeling "left out" because there hasn't been any content intended solely for PvP. The last PvP content added was probably weeping weapons, over two years ago. That's obviously not the issue.

People feel more screwed over than anything, as PvP is plagued with very serious problems that are not addressed. Maybe you just think we're exagerating or something, but a lot of us have played just DT for longer than most people have stuck with the game in general, and it is by far in the worst condition it has seen over all the years.
    Last edited by Return of VC; 11-11-2005 at 09:30 PM.
    RIP DT

I have a great idea first off all you white players complaining about stuff go away nobody cares what you think here.

Need more info on what exactly your talking about for a "moderate bonus".

Also would you mind turning the fire works in towns off? We don't need anymore lag especilly if it's just for people to be like oooooh pretty colors.

Arrow Re: PvP Improvements

First let me say that these ideas look more useful for PvM than PvP at the present. Let me give my two cents in the PvP aspect tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn
    The first idea we have discussed is a way for players to add a moderate bonus to any pre-existing Slayer effect on whatever weapon they are wielding at the time. There of course would be limitations to this so that it could not be exploited or abused.
    This is pretty vague. Moderate bonus as just damage, just the slayer bonus, or a combination? Honestly the only slayer weapon anyone will use is a Weeping Weapon and those have been changed back and forth so many times already. It doesn't matter what you do to a slayer/weeping weapon (save for jacking up the damage by 100) , you still need vulns in order to hurt the other person. And a melee can't do that to a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn
    The second idea was along the same lines as the one listed above, except this would be a way to add a moderate bonus to the attack mod of the weapon you are wielding. The same rules would apply, meaning there would be some limitations to this so that the ability would not be abused. Also note that the bonus to the attack mod would be on top of any tinkering that may have been done to the weapon.
    This just combats the melee def on a wand problem that some people have been complaining about. It doesn't address any of the damage, vuln-to-be-useful, or balance problems.

Did you know I've always wanted to use my loot-tinkered weapons in PvP? Yep, everyone having to use the same hollow/phantom/weeping weapon has gotten old. Only problem is, even with vulns, loot gen weapons do nothing. I'm forced to turn to a quest weapon to PvP. Didn't you say you wanted loot-gen weapons to always outclass the quest ones?

Well here's my suggestion: Make an item that will cause whatever loot-gen weapon (or non hollow/phantom/weeping) you're holding to gain a Human slayer bonus that's twice as powerful than the weeping ones have right now. That way we can whip out with a render weapon and just go at it, no vulns needed. Or use an armor render, crit strike/crit blow... whatever. Your opponent won't know what you'll use next, unlike now where you're only holding a weeping/hollow/phantom. You'll also have the attack bonus on your tinkered weapon to combat the melee def wands. Most weapons I see now have +9 or better.

But what about mages? They're having a blast, literally. In fact they're the only people I ever see PvPing in the marketplace or Ayan. The 'balance' is there for them with the slidecasting/fastcasting/instant healing. We just need to get everyone else back in the game.

So to recap... Create an item that gives a loot-gen weapon a human slayer ability with double the slayer damage. No extra numerical damage needs to be added! This will keep the weapon blanced for PvM, but viable for PvP.
    [SIZE="4"]"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"[/SIZE]
    Jin-Saotome, Vash-The-Stampede, and Nicholas Wolfwood on Morningthaw

"Do not listen to Jin. He's shown himself to present good, reasonable judgment." ---Paraduck

Jin Saotome's Dangerous Toys

"The second idea was along the same lines as the one listed above, except this would be a way to add a moderate bonus to the attack mod of the weapon you are wielding. "

Yeah, great idea there...

EXCEPT THAT ARCHERS DON'T HAVE ATTACK MODS, YA RETARDS!

jin, melees have too much defence. mages need more damage to be able to kill any melee that isn't completely retarded or grossly under leveled.

vuln+imp will always be needed to compete. You are never getting out of that unless hollow/phanton gets boosted to be the main weapon.
    Untouchables. Guild formerly known as Laton.
    Sheriff Tej and his Deputy Cezium don't f around.
    <+AC1Crowley> cezium, we have to worry about both fun and exploits

Frelorn, sorry - these are not solutions.

You're going to have to go fish.

That is to say - Fish this forum and dredge up all the old posts relating to 'fixing' PVP. You're angle is obtuse.

These are things we've posted about for FIVE. F_I_V_E freaking years with not so much as PEEP out of you Dev's. IF you guys haven't grown a clue yet, you are beyond that point at which anyone here can help you.

No offense to you guys that still keep fighting the fight - but now its way too late in the game for excuses, delays, and dismissives.

Negligence for 5 YEARS and the best solution they can come up with is this?

Still nothing on Shields, on THE OBVIOUS FLAWS in 'Natural Defenses', on the fact that loot-gend weapons are USELESS.

Human slayer property??? Yah, YET ANOTHER BANDAID. Screw armor rend, and all these things Turbine added that can't be used in PVP. YOU'LL GET ANOTHER PVP-ONLY IMPLEMENT!! yaaaayyy!!

Hoozah, folks. See you all in some other game.

How about you strip back the old crap before trying to apply a new layer of wallpaper to cover the cracks.
    Turbine

i do not care one bit about those proposals. Give players something to fight over, like rank, or landmass, or npcs or new hair styles, anything. The pvp system is non-existant.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast