Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: PvP Improvements

Make a mage's melee wand able to be unenchantable. Melee's weapons can be, so why can't a mage's?

Quote Originally Posted by BRN View Post
    Make a mage's melee wand able to be unenchantable. Melee's weapons can be, so why can't a mage's?
    Useless with black pages and gravity well.

The only good thing about this is it would make the melee pull an enchantable weapon, pop a black page on it, and then he'd be able to be debuffed.
    Benmage - Bensword
    Monarch of Dipset (MT/FF)

http://www.youtube.com/GonffTheOg
    ^^^ My Youtube Vids ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by benny1105 View Post
    Useless with black pages and gravity well.

The only good thing about this is it would make the melee pull an enchantable weapon, pop a black page on it, and then he'd be able to be debuffed.
    It wouldnt be USELESS, because it is not standard for a melee to be able to cast gravity well on a mage.

If a melee can cast gravity well on a mage in addition to vuln and goss, without being killed...
    then they dont even need to cast gravity well, because the mage is mentally challenged or casting 6s.

Any mage should be able to anihilate a melee who keeps his wand out too long.
    Last edited by atbestvague; 02-25-2008 at 06:34 AM.
    Novus rei Cado50/Derf the Great70 - TD
    July 2001 - December 2001
    Nihiiji the Great275/The Incredible Spiderman232 - TD
    September 2006 - May 2008

Monarch of Crit Your Pants
    15 Col Wins
    208 Aug Gems
    18 lvl 200+ toons
    1 Tier 5 rare

Bashing Bashers since 1986

on dt, some melees know how to dodge. maybe on td melees dont move when they vuln?
    Breezin DT- 246 -Mage

Acolyte of Death- DT -231 UA

Death's Darkside DT- 164 -Sword

Grimfell' numba Two- FF -216 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by atbestvague View Post
    It wouldnt be USELESS, because it is not standard for a melee to be able to cast gravity well on a mage.

If a melee can cast gravity well on a mage in addition to vuln and goss, without being killed...
    then they dont even need to cast gravity well, because the mage is mentally challenged or casting 6s.

Any mage should be able to anihilate a melee who keeps his wand out too long.
    Wtf? 3 spells is that long? Really?

-: What's the difference between a melee with a wand out, and a mage with a wand out? NOTHING.
    -: When I hop on my melee, am I suddenly a quivering noob who doesn't know how to dodge? NO.

13 Colo wins and 150 Augmentations doesn't enable you to voice your opinion on things you have no idea about. You should refrain from posting on this thread or any other PvP related thread in the future. Thank you.
    Last edited by benny1105; 03-02-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    Benmage - Bensword

^^^ My Youtube Vids ^^^

13 Colo wins and 150 Augmentations doesn't enable you to voice your opinion on things you have no idea about.

"tact" n.

1. Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak, write or act without offending.

And being a monarch on TD doesn't enable you to bash/flame/insult the hell out of someone that was doing exactly what they were asked to do. atbestvague was simply giving the feedback that Frelorn asked for. I don't remember anyone asking you for your opinion on his opinion. So why don't you go sit down for a second, have a coke and smile, and then reply to this thread in a format more consistent with the OP's request, which would be your personal feedback on the proposals offered and any other ideas you may have; not your opinion on someone else's opinion.

Oh yeah, calm down man, it's still only a game.

Now as for my suggestion regarding PvP...

1. First and foremost, I suggest that those wishing to engage in PvP of any sort be restricted from the use of the general channel so as to limit the endless streams of profanity and trash talk on the channel most widely used by those "not" wishing to engage in PvP activities.

2. Give people a reason to be red again. I don't have a suggestion for how to make this happen, but please dream one up or listen to your players. Give people a reason to go red and PKL will become what it was meant to be... a fun thing to do/practice with friends and clanmates when the questing and other stuff was done/boring.

3. If this "capture the flag/lifestone/hill" concept becomes a reality, please make these objectives in places suitable to the level of the players. This way, not only do you have PvP, you have PvM at the same time. You PvP types want a challenge? Put those objectives in the heart of Caul Island with 8 - 10 spawns of Helcan Marguls and Biakas nearby.

4. Create an ingame rank system for Player Killers (red only), complete with a global announcement (heard only by red and pink dots) that announces each time the leader is killed and each time the leader changes. You could also add a chat command that allows you to see the top 25 PKers on your server. Or for those with characters on multiple servers, a chat command that shows the top 25 for a specific server, i.e. "/pk -top25" and "/pk -top25FF".

More to come as I think of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    And being a monarch on TD doesn't enable you to bash/flame/insult the hell out of someone that was doing exactly what they were asked to do. atbestvague was simply giving the feedback that Frelorn asked for.

I'm not a monarch on TD.

However, you nailed it on the head. Frelorn ASKED for this feedback. When he is personally giving BAD, UNINFORMED opinion, then the feedback Frelorn asked for becomes tainted by his lack of understanding, and therefore becomes counter productive.

How's that for tact?
    Benmage - Bensword

^^^ My Youtube Vids ^^^

I'm not a monarch on TD.

However, you nailed it on the head. Frelorn ASKED for this feedback. When he is personally giving BAD, UNINFORMED opinion, then the feedback Frelorn asked for becomes tainted by his lack of understanding, and therefore becomes counter productive.

How's that for tact?

How's that for tact? Heh... I would encourage you not to enter into that which you are not mentally equipped for. Your reply is self-contradictory, poorly scripted, and at best, laughable.

I don't think it was Atbestvague's accomplishments as a player that gave him the right to speak his mind. I think it's the fact that he pays the same $12.95 a month you do, that gave him and every other player on this forum the right to give feedback in a constructive manner and not be flamed for it. Allow me to inform you that this is a place where players come to discuss various issues they may have. They do not come here to be berated by some disgruntled child with a chip on his shoulder.

You too were asked to give your feedback. You were never, at any point, asked to use your "holier than thou" powers of divination to determine the quality of someone else's opinion and flame another member of this forum.

I suggest you remember your place as a terminable member of this forum and not it's owner. I will tell you the same thing I told someone else not so long ago...

"It is infinitely better to have said nothing and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

How's that for tact? Heh... I would encourage you not to enter into that which you are not mentally equipped for. Your reply is self-contradictory, poorly scripted, and at best, laughable.

I don't think it was Atbestvague's accomplishments as a player that gave him the right to speak his mind. I think it's the fact that he pays the same $12.95 a month you do, that gave him and every other player on this forum the right to give feedback in a constructive manner and not be flamed for it. Allow me to inform you that this is a place where players come to discuss various issues they may have. They do not come here to be berated by some disgruntled child with a chip on his shoulder.

You too were asked to give your feedback. You were never, at any point, asked to use your "holier than thou" powers of divination to determine the quality of someone else's opinion and flame another member of this forum.

I suggest you remember your place as a terminable member of this forum and not it's owner. I will tell you the same thing I told someone else not so long ago...

"It is infinitely better to have said nothing and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
    And you still have no response to the fact that any incorrect statement made by a player on this thread negatively impacts the quality of the feedback that Frelorn receives. Sure, he pays his $12.95. The problem is that paying his money doesn't give him the freedom to feed the developers a bunch of BS that is going to have a negative effect on the game. Being as he doesn't have the faintest clue what he's talking about in this situation, he should REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING ON IT.

Until you have a response to that specific point, I'm not going to have an e-argument with someone who can't think of a legitimate response to an issue, so they go on and toss cliches and famous people quotes at someone, because this isn't what this thread is about. Meet me on VN if you want to do that, and we'll see what happens.
    Benmage - Bensword

^^^ My Youtube Vids ^^^

You want to take this to the VN, not because the change of venue will make you right, but so all your little e-thugs can flame me into submission (oh-noes!) and all the while, you will still be 12 years old, making an ass out of yourself, and ultimately, wrong.

The problem is that paying his money doesn't give him the freedom to feed the developers a bunch of BS that is going to have a negative effect on the game.
    Hehehe, you really are incompetent aren't you?

So.... let me see if I can get this straight, lol. With this statement alone, you have stated that you believe Atbestvague to be stupid and the Devs to be dumb enough to be influenced by his BAD, UNINFORMED opinion.

Son, you have to trust that the folks at Turbine Inc., Asheron's Call Div. are competent enough to weed out the good information from the bad. You also have to trust that whatever decision they end up making is the best decision based on the circumstances because number one, they're holding all the cards and number two, if you don't, you'll spend an eternity trolling forums like this and the VN, looking for someone to flame because their opinion doesn't match yours exactly.

And if you're so smart and omnipotent about all things virtual, why hasn't Turbine made you the tallest horse at the trough?

To be continued.... (of that I'm certain..... ) :\

Son, you have to trust that the folks at Turbine Inc., Asheron's Call Div. are competent enough to weed out the good information from the bad.
    Lol. I hope this was facetious. If not, please stay away from these forums forever.
    Benmage - Bensword

^^^ My Youtube Vids ^^^

Lol. I hope this was facetious. If not, please stay away from these forums forever.

hehe has a dev even responded to this?

turbine keeps middling between group and 1 vs 1 fights. If u make melees on par with a mage 1 vs 1 then they will dominate group fighting tremendously, if you make mages as good as melees for group fights then melees cant kill mages 1 vs 1 for the most part

right now a mage can not tank 3 melees, most likely cant tank 2 without shielding but if the mage is not a horrible pk he most likely won't die to a melee 1 vs 1 (assuming no mobs on the mage)

there is no fix to this problem

mages should do tons more damage than they do compared to a sword or xbow or bow, but if that happens they will be unkillable

all ucan really do is up Armor Rend damage and up weeping damage since thats a lot more skill based than waiting for double crit, but then again it will be imnpossible for a mag to fight two melees, but honestly it should be hard for someone to fight 2 people anyway

do something about the elemental ring spells, make them do more dmg in pvp.
    Breezin DT- 246 -Mage

Acolyte of Death- DT -231 UA

Death's Darkside DT- 164 -Sword

Grimfell' numba Two- FF -216 Mage

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast