Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Black holes and invisible people

We are still working on the issues that have been causing massive lag and other server issues since this weekend.

Here's what you can do to help:

Have you experienced either of the following since the patch?

* Being in a dungeon and suddenly running into an spot where your 3D area went completely black

* Players being invisible and not able to interact with monsters

If so please reply in this thread with the details and most specifically, EXACTLY WHEN this occured.
    Alex "Ibn" Beckers
    Former AC1 Live Team Member

I think this was Wednesday night Jan 28th around 9 PM Pacific: My wife was on the Bobo quest, she went around to Bobo's right hand side and exactly half her screen went completely black. She was able to move in and out of the effect and noted that it was in line with the ceilings height change just behind Bobo.

Sunday Feb 1 around 3 PM Pacific. The Sanctuary Recall quest, one of the lvl 50 characters died in the north top lvl room, just at the door controlled by the second lever set. Instead of appearing at the LS, they appeared with Vitea and no buffs right back in the middle of the Wisps that killed them. Thankfully their second death (which was immediate) dropped them at the LS instead of going into a repeat loop.

BLACK SCREEN

This happened on my nVidia TI-4200 system when I logged in for the first time this patch. I got it to stop doing this by turning off my Z-BUFFER setting in the 3-D Video Settings.

I was located in my villa's basement at the time.

Piley

Black Screen

I experienced this problem in the Tusker Honeycomb Saturday afternoon shortly after I got out of portal killed the first Assailer. Then I spent 10 min rebooting/relogging in & out of game to see if the problem would clear up by itself. The problem was still there. After that I recalled to my lifestone to see if the black screen problem still persisted. It cleared up & my screen was back to normal. I then went back to the Tusker Honeycomb to see if the problem would return & it didn't.

Hope this bit of info helps Ibn.

Friday Jan 30 around 5 est in the Elemental Weeping Dungeon on Darktide...last recalling back into the dungeon didn't fix the problem but relogging did. Hope that helps.

Rampager dungeon I blacked out inside it several times, I sent urgent message with exact landblock once, no reply came back.

Sunday mid afternoon rampager dungeon blacked out again inside, on main level opposite the drop down to lower levels. Intense lag inside also
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take up ranks with those poor timid souls, who know neither victory nor defeat.

Black Screen

Tusker Holding, upper level, altar room, Sunday afternoon about 4pm pst (don't remember exact time) was able to attack, one hit at a time, and never the same tusker.

On the same note, i just visited the Tusker Holding(2:45 pst) and there are no tuskers in there at all, and i ran through dungeon 2 times, logged out and back in and there is only one corpse

I play on WE.
    Quit complaining and just play the game

Happened to a few people in the clan multiple times before the last patch, but after the server move. It always happened inside a dungon and usually a reboot would take care of the problem.

*Players invisible and not able to interact with monsters

Sclavus Temple dungeon (near Candeth Keep) about 5:30 EST to 6:30 EST. Sorry, best estimate I can give about times.
    The human mind is perpetually discontented. This makes it find fault with the present, praise the past, and long for the future, though for doing so no rational cause can be assigned." - The Prince by Niccolai Machiavelli

Black Out Response

I haven't seen this black out problem in the dungeons but I get it when I recall to my house probably 4 out of 5 times sometimes moving away from it gets rid of it but sometimes I just have to wait a few minutes.

I actually think that it is system related to my antique computer.

The other black out problem is usually repetetive on New Years Eve but that one I'm not sure the devs have a fix for .

Good luck,
    Logan
    That which doesn't kill me...
    Only pisses me off...
    You've been warned...

at the tusker emporium

It happened to me when I was going down to the tusker emporium. I ran into complete darkness. I thought I was stuck but when I moved around a little, I got dropped off a cliff near the emporium. I survived the drop and since it was my first time there, I went back to see if it was just a glitch or if it was a trap/trick. Next time I just got stuck and after alot of attempts, only managed to get out by doing a lifestone recall. I play on frostfell and It was around 11pm I think.
    Dan Norris
    Nio Ken (FF & DT)

I had that happen a couple of times...but that was before the patch...even before the server move...was in BDC I think...got stuck screen went black..couldnt move couldnt see..logging out and in fixed it. Have not had it happen since the patch.

Black Screen & Lag

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, the Tusker Holding would be perfectly normal through anywhere from 30-60 minutes of killing spawns. After that time it would gradually start to slow down for no apparent reason. Leaving the dungeon for 10 minutes or so seemed to restore things to normal.

I've seen three black screens. The first was Friday night in the Tusker Holding around 10pm on Leafcull. I didn't recognize anything specific to cause the black screen. The second black screen occurred Saturday afternoon around 3PM. While fighting with a spawn I noticed that tuskers would repeatedly turn to attack a character that was not visible to me, or did not exist at all maybe (the one other person in the dungeon said they were elsewhere at the time). The tuskers would then mostly turn back to attack me except for one which continued to bash on the air. As I attacked the last tusker I saw no damage being done to it. As I broke attack I got the black screen I saw my target selection shring (as if I had portaled out) and then vanish. Logout failed to work, however using a spell based recall worked fine. House recall also failed. The third and final black screen I saw was around 11PM Saturday. Right at the entrance I engaged the spawn and killed all but one that was beating on the wall. I figured this tusker was bugged, and sure enough as I attacked I dealt no damage. Breaking from attack immediatly sent me to the black screen as described before.

All times are Pacific and the last time may be incorrect however I did file an urgent assistance request when it happened if that helps to narrow the time down.

Blank 3D space every time I recall home

if I log in inside my house it always seems to be blank for a while, then things start to show up. Almost every single time I recall to my Cottage it's balck, and I get texstrure problems (mouse trails, and the side panel double exposed if I close it while the 3D view is black.)

Doesn't happen recalling to the allegiance mansion, and didn't happen at all when I went to my old apartment. I am in East Sawato Cottages, second one on the right coming out from the portal. (kinda in the corner of the little cul de sac)
    Sohi Yuishi HG (retired)
    Falalha Azodem WE
    Alastar Grunnin WE

Black Screens in Tusker Dungeons

It's happened to me twice. Once in Tusker Holding and again in Honeycombs. Both times I had been fighting solo for awhile when all of a sudden the screen turns black. You can still hear sound and your backpacks are still viewable. I used a Monkey Island recall gem to get out since I couldn't access the spell tabs. Holding happened within about 3 min and Honeycombs after about 30 min.

I should point out that both of these dungeons are on the same island. So maybe the bug is limited to that area. I have spent a fair amount of time inside Chapel of Mowen (a low level place) with no problems and its located near Monkey Town which is a different island than Holding and Honeycombs.

As for exact times, I can't recall exactly but I think the problem in Holding was Sat evening 1/31 and Honeycombs Sunday morning between 9 and 10 AM central.
    Drew the Enforcer
    Frostfell
    Sword Tank Dude

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast